What to expect from F4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

What to expect from F4

OK, I love the looks of the F4, but to be very honest...I've never ridden one, and not sure what to expect.

Right now Im riding a Busa I have customized...heres a short run down list.

# Micron Race Exhaust
# Pair valve removal
# Small air box mod
# Reaper block off plates & gaskets
# PCIII usb
# SportVue MC2
# Scorpio Alarm
# Esccort X-50 Blue LED radar
# Pazzo Black & Gold "Shorty" levers
# EBC HH pads front & rear
# Gafler Carbon braided lines clutch, front, rear w/Gold Aluminum fittings
# Magical Racing Blue Mirror inserts
# Magical Racing carbon fiber windscreenCarbon Fiber Inners
# Carbon fiber Inner's
# Carbon fiber fender
# Carbon fiber nose inserts
# Carbon fiber hugger
# Carbon fiber handlebars
# Carbon Fiber tabk pad
# UFO undertail
# EK ZZZ gold chain
# Carrozzeria Stage 1 gold wheels
# Carrozzeria Performance Wheel Bearings
# Driven USA 42T steel rear sprocket
# Michelin Power Pilot 190/120
# 6k HID
# Icemann Yellow high-beam
# Front & Rear blinker LED's
# Molded Aluminum fairing screens black
# Powder Coating done by "Vic" , passenger mounts with custom cutting, grab-bar, rear master cylinder, fairing bolts, and numerous other piece's
# Schnitz Racing +1" Rising links
# Ram Air system modified
# Pro-Bolt Gold Aluminum tank kit
# Pro-Bolt Gold Aluminum sprocket nuts
# TechMounts Gold Doble Stem Stand
# Gilles Adjustable Rearsets
# Gilles Chain Adjusters
# Gilles Swing-Arm Lifters
# LP Gold & CF Bar-ends
# Muzzy Aluminum fan
# Woodcraft cover
# LP carbon fiber frame sliders
# Carbon Fiber License plate mount

The Busa is about 60Lbs lighter than stock, and is running about 171 rwhp without Nos...and have not dynoed since adding the web cams but expect about 180 rwhp.

Now, with an F4, how will it perform to my Busa? I built the Busa to turn and accelerate quickly, thus raising the rear, shortening the overall length, loweing the front, and reducing lots of sprung/ unsprung weight.

Will the F4 raise my blood pressure in terms of performance, compared to my BUsa? Spending 20 to 30K on an MV is alot of cash, and would sure hate to only get a nice sound from an F4 but feel as thought performande is lacking compared to my current bike. I will not do track days with the bike, but I do ride aprox 10,000 miles a year, and want a bike that performs as good or better than what I currently ride. Will a stock MV F4 do this for me, or am I looking at having to spend another 10K in aftermarket mods?

Im not purchasing an MV for investment, or just to look at. I want to ride it, and no Im not looking to purchase for poser value...I want a machine that awakens my soul...is the MV for me?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 09:42 PM
lk

I'll give you my personal opinion.. i have NO idea if anyone here would agree with me.. but considering that I dont know you and I only have what you posted to go off of.. i'd say.. don't get an MV. From the extent that you customized your bike and looking at what you did to it.. and the way your posing your question.. my gut says you wouldnt be happy. I have no doubt you love to ride and that youd enjoy an MV but it sounds like you would be more happy with something that you can invest more in the customizing than the initial purchase price. Thats my 2-cents.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 10:01 PM

F4 or Frankenstien???

The MV is for the performance/style purist! One doesn't modify to the gills a Lamborghini or a Ferrari..it is what it is - the world's elite. I don't mean to be snobbish, but an MV is light years ahead of a Busa in terms of style, handling, and performance...unspoiled by mods. I've ridden the Busa and YES, it has its' good points...fast! But handles like a wild bore compared to an F4. Performance comparisons are irrelevant. Do you want to do 10 second 1/4 mile runs on a wild bore, or on a Pegasis? Do you want to track canyon roads at warp speed on a gazelle, or a B52? Test ride an MV, the decision will be easy.
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappo
The MV is for the performance/style purist! One doesn't modify to the gills a Lamborghini or a Ferrari..it is what it is - the world's elite. I don't mean to be snobbish, but an MV is light years ahead of a Busa in terms of style, handling, and performance...unspoiled by mods. I've ridden the Busa and YES, it has its' good points...fast! But handles like a wild bore compared to an F4. Performance comparisons are irrelevant. Do you want to do 10 second 1/4 mile runs on a wild bore, or on a Pegasis? Do you want to track canyon roads at warp speed on a gazelle, or a B52? Test ride an MV, the decision will be easy.

Err...Ive seen plent of modded Lambo's and Ferraris, so lets not go there. As far as light years ahead in performance MV to Busa...hmm. A stock Busa is what it is, stock. Now I know this is an MV board, but the Busa can be modded for areas such as the Dragon, and like areas. If you look at my Mods, my Bike is not meant to be a 1/4 mile low 9 second burner. Nope, it is almost as light as a GSXR 1000, with more power and torque. So as far as performance, stock for stock a GSXR K6 1000 would be very comparable to a F4 with equal riders. Anyhow, Im not into the whole Snobbish- Purist thing - I want a bike that excites the soul. But if all Im getting out of an MV F4 is sound compared to a GSXR 1000 K6...well thats a lot of cash to spend.

Now, if the MV give me something the K6 does not, well elaborate a little for me. What does the MV do better, and why? Now as far as looks...yes the MV F4 is, in my opinion...One Sexy work of art. And I love trampy women, with looks on the +10 side of things, however I found they dont make good long term relationship material.

And the Busa as a B-52...lol...I like that comment...origianl to say the least. Now, since you went there, I must ask....do you rotate your pennies from your loafers to your riding boots?

post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 10:37 PM

New Site Garage
With the purchase price of the busa plus all of the aftermarket items you have spent on the busa you could have bought an mv with change for some mods The mods you have done to the busa dont sound cheap not to mention how much time it would have been off the road. You changed the busa to do things it wasnt made to do, with the MV you are buying a bike which will do what you want plus more and to be honest i dont think there are many people who have pushed an MV to its absolute limit. It may not have 180bhp but who uses 180bhp while thay are cornering????? The standard 1000 comes with 166hp and the latest R with 170+. Riding an Mv doesnt mean your a poser, we just have a passion for the greatest motorcycle. People often say to me all bikes are fast and all bikes are the same, but they just havent ridden an Mv or probably havent got the cash to own one, and as before you are buying the Lamborghini of motorcycles, you can do anything you want to the busa of any jap bike for that matter and its still a suzuki or a honda just as the other 20million of them everyone owns. I dont want to come across the wrong way, but go test ride one. If you are worried about spending the money then there is a phrase for one of the guys on this forum he uses as a signature it says One life LIVE IT.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

I guess an MV to me has been more than just a motorcycle. It is a rolling piece of history, and oozes sex appeal. I wish I could test ride one, but with only 1 supplier here in Minneapolis MN...well its not going to happen.

Yah, the whole HP numbers game is a joke. I could care less about Dyno sheets or comparing magazine articles about my bike at the local taco bell. I guess Im at a time in my life where I want to own something original, elite, and not to show up anyone else, but to give myself a gift - one that I will enjoy, for many years to come. Heck Im even thinking a 750 might do it for me, as I dont even need a 1000 - I just want to make a purchase that makes me happy, and one I wont regreat...heck if I want regreats I will purchase a 749 Duc.

post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 11:49 PM

Having a bike that handles better does not necessarily mean you have a bike that will inspire confidents to expolit the handling.

For what it's worth, the MV is so far ahead of the recent bikes I've had (748,996, '02 & '04 R1 and a '05 999). I'm sure the 999 and the R1 were as capable as the MV but the feedback just wasn't there. The 748/996 were close but took more effort to throw around.

Let me put it this way, I traded a one year old 999 at a $6K loss because of a test ride on a 999. I was already on the fence about the MV because of the height and the hit I'd take trading in the 999 -but the test ride did it. So, I'd says that would really make my '05 MV around $28,000. Yeah, it's that good.

As far as modifying, sure, there's a lot of carbon parts, lighter wheels, RG3 exhaust, Power Commander, Santo rear sets, etc. that you can do.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 01:59 AM

if one wonders if an MV is right for them, it isnt. an MV is a love affair at first sight that demands no rationality or deep thinking. it's an unmatched passion, and you just go with it.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 02:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Seven
if one wonders if an MV is right for them, it isnt.
Thats a pretty broad & genralized blanket statement, but thanks for the input none the less.

post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValiumBusa
Now, if the MV give me something the K6 does not,
I dont understand why you spent so much money and mods on a big sports tourer, when you could have got a Gixxer in the first place and achieved roughly the same result?
Anyway, get the K6....you can mod the shit out of it

....if you try to justify an MV it will never happen. Just compress the whole process and buy the Suzuki... or keep the Busa. I'm sure there's more mods you can throw at it ??

I'm not sure the MV will give you what your looking for in a motorcycle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode