The little annoyances - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rocklin, Ca
Posts: 11
The little annoyances

Hello to all the MV enthusiasts out there. I have a few questions of some recents things I've been discovering with my MV (2005 F4 1000s) and was just wondering if anyone else has had/still has the same issues and/or any fixes to the issues.

1) - Off idle, about 1500 - 2500 rpm, flat spot. Almost like she doesn't want to go for a moment then decides, ok, let's move. It's very annoying, especially taking off from a dead stop. Completely stock if you need that info.
2) - Neutral light barely ever coming on. Maybe once in a great while, but typically never illuminated.
3) - The low beam indicator always on, even when switched in high beam mode.

Any info or help that you give me would be great. Thanks in advance.
F4&more is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Senior Member
 
cdamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Not sure any more
Posts: 2,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4&more

1) - Off idle, about 1500 - 2500 rpm, flat spot. Almost like she doesn't want to go for a moment then decides, ok, let's move. It's very annoying, especially taking off from a dead stop. Completely stock if you need that info.
I`ll sometimes get that with poor gas. Try to go to the same place for fule that you know is getting a fresh supply all the time and see if that makes a diferance. Or it may be an air fule thing
cdamb is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 06:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Triple Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 593
#1 should be normal for these bikes......... some intake valve (forgot its name)
Triple Seven is offline  
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Allan Gibbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Phoenix, Ariozona (formerly Montrose, CA)
Posts: 4,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Seven
#1 should be normal for these bikes......... some intake valve (forgot its name)
I heard a Power Commander would either eliminate or reduce that effect. Personally, I kinda like it. It's sort of like a v-twin kick with the MV say, I wann go!!!

I also have difficulty shifting into neutral when the engine is cold but I only have 125 miles on my bike.
Allan Gibbs is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 11:16 PM
MV1
Senior Member
 
MV1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,125
#1 is unfortunately rather common . While I don't find it as charming as Allan seems to. I do understand that it can be tuned out. I believe James has a some advise that may help. Mine didn't do this when I first got it, but now does. The other two electrical items are not normal (as far as I know) and should be checked by your dealer.
P.K.
MV1 is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 12:03 AM
Senior Member
 
fazer6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tempe, AZ, USA
Posts: 8,920
Hmm...Mine didn't used to do #1 either, but now it does. I stalled it a couple times, now I just compensate for it.
fazer6 is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 12:10 AM
Senior Member
 
mikef4uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chester UK
Posts: 5,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4&more
Hello to all the MV enthusiasts out there. I have a few questions of some recents things I've been discovering with my MV (2005 F4 1000s) and was just wondering if anyone else has had/still has the same issues and/or any fixes to the issues.

1) - Off idle, about 1500 - 2500 rpm, flat spot. Almost like she doesn't want to go for a moment then decides, ok, let's move. It's very annoying, especially taking off from a dead stop. Completely stock if you need that info.
2) - Neutral light barely ever coming on. Maybe once in a great while, but typically never illuminated.
3) - The low beam indicator always on, even when switched in high beam mode.

Any info or help that you give me would be great. Thanks in advance.
Read James's FAQ page, I put an article there regarding the F41000 throttle and blipping issues

The "low beam" light is just a "lights on" indicator from early F4 days when you coud actually turn them off
mikef4uk is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 04:56 AM
Senior Member
 
falcopilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4&more
1) - Off idle, about 1500 - 2500 rpm, flat spot. Almost like she doesn't want to go for a moment then decides, ok, let's move. It's very annoying, especially taking off from a dead stop. Completely stock if you need that info.
Had the same problem when I got my new F4 last month. I printed the articles from the MV FAQ (Tuning 1 - 4) and took them to the dealer at 1st service. I'd talked to the tech previously, and he was agreeable to trying this, and resetting my bike accordingly. The problem is pretty much gone now. There's just the faintest hesitation off-idle, but it's nowhere near as bad as with the factory settings. I don't have to fiddle with the throttle when pulling out from a stop anymore.
falcopilot is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Red face

Nobody seems to have mentioned the aesthetically beautiful but practically crap mirrors!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!


No MV's in the garage anymore
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
john is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rocklin, Ca
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk
Read James's FAQ page, I put an article there regarding the F41000 throttle and blipping issues

The "low beam" light is just a "lights on" indicator from early F4 days when you coud actually turn them off
I understand - possibly - that the green light is just an indicator to let me know that my low beam is on - which I am fine with. My issue is that when I run my high beam, it turns off the low beam as it is designed. Well if that is the case, then the low beam indicator should no longer be illuminated when the high beam only is on. Does anyone else agree with this or have the same experience/issue?
F4&more is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome