The little annoyances - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

The little annoyances

Hello to all the MV enthusiasts out there. I have a few questions of some recents things I've been discovering with my MV (2005 F4 1000s) and was just wondering if anyone else has had/still has the same issues and/or any fixes to the issues.

1) - Off idle, about 1500 - 2500 rpm, flat spot. Almost like she doesn't want to go for a moment then decides, ok, let's move. It's very annoying, especially taking off from a dead stop. Completely stock if you need that info.
2) - Neutral light barely ever coming on. Maybe once in a great while, but typically never illuminated.
3) - The low beam indicator always on, even when switched in high beam mode.

Any info or help that you give me would be great. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4&more

1) - Off idle, about 1500 - 2500 rpm, flat spot. Almost like she doesn't want to go for a moment then decides, ok, let's move. It's very annoying, especially taking off from a dead stop. Completely stock if you need that info.
I`ll sometimes get that with poor gas. Try to go to the same place for fule that you know is getting a fresh supply all the time and see if that makes a diferance. Or it may be an air fule thing
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 06:31 PM

#1 should be normal for these bikes......... some intake valve (forgot its name)
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Seven
#1 should be normal for these bikes......... some intake valve (forgot its name)
I heard a Power Commander would either eliminate or reduce that effect. Personally, I kinda like it. It's sort of like a v-twin kick with the MV say, I wann go!!!

I also have difficulty shifting into neutral when the engine is cold but I only have 125 miles on my bike.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 11:16 PM
MV1

#1 is unfortunately rather common . While I don't find it as charming as Allan seems to. I do understand that it can be tuned out. I believe James has a some advise that may help. Mine didn't do this when I first got it, but now does. The other two electrical items are not normal (as far as I know) and should be checked by your dealer.
P.K.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 12:03 AM

Hmm...Mine didn't used to do #1 either, but now it does. I stalled it a couple times, now I just compensate for it.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Hello to all the MV enthusiasts out there. I have a few questions of some recents things I've been discovering with my MV (2005 F4 1000s) and was just wondering if anyone else has had/still has the same issues and/or any fixes to the issues.

2) - Neutral light barely ever coming on. Maybe once in a great while, but typically never illuminated.
3) - The low beam indicator always on, even when switched in high beam mode.

Any info or help that you give me would be great. Thanks in advance.
Read James's FAQ page, I put an article there regarding the F41000 throttle and blipping issues

The "low beam" light is just a "lights on" indicator from early F4 days when you coud actually turn them off
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Had the same problem when I got my new F4 last month. I printed the articles from the MV FAQ (Tuning 1 - 4) and took them to the dealer at 1st service. I'd talked to the tech previously, and he was agreeable to trying this, and resetting my bike accordingly. The problem is pretty much gone now. There's just the faintest hesitation off-idle, but it's nowhere near as bad as with the factory settings. I don't have to fiddle with the throttle when pulling out from a stop anymore.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Red face

Nobody seems to have mentioned the aesthetically beautiful but practically crap mirrors!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk
Read James's FAQ page, I put an article there regarding the F41000 throttle and blipping issues

The "low beam" light is just a "lights on" indicator from early F4 days when you coud actually turn them off
I understand - possibly - that the green light is just an indicator to let me know that my low beam is on - which I am fine with. My issue is that when I run my high beam, it turns off the low beam as it is designed. Well if that is the case, then the low beam indicator should no longer be illuminated when the high beam only is on. Does anyone else agree with this or have the same experience/issue?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode