New member with question - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
New member with question

Greetings,

I just found this forum and decided to join to get a little insight into the MV Agusta owner's world before purchasing one. I am going to order a 2007 F41000R 1+1 ASAP so and wanted to know if anyone in the United States has this bike yet and what their thoughts were on it. I currently own a black 2004 Aprilia RSVR Factory and have loved this bike from day one. I want the MV Agusta as well because it will be nice to have the best of both worlds (v-twin and transverse four).

I live in Illinois and visited Hall's Husqvarna last weekend in Springfield. I had never seen a real MV Agusta until then. They have a red/silver 2005 F41000 1+1 and I have to say I was very impressed with the build quality of the MV Agusta. I'm 6'2" and the bike fit me perfectly. The seat was a little on the hard side compared to my Aprilia so I hope we have aftermarket seat options. Hall's is a great dealership from what I can tell. Does anyone have any experience with this dealership? They were very polite and helpful and answered all my questions about the bike. They tell me the F4s are very reliable and parts, when needed, are relatively easy to obtain. Has this been the case for most of you?

Thanks in advance,
Chad951
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 09:22 AM

i also have a ducati 996sps...the mv i like so much more...just thought i would add that food for thought... for whatever its worth
i will envy you if you buy the R...

Greetings... Kelvin

Senna #216
996SPS
Z1 900

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 09:29 AM
Established Member

Hard seats

Hi, i'm also new to the site cos ive just bought an MV F4 S a couple of weeks ago. Being from the UK, I can't answer your questions about the dealership but regarding the seat, I also had some concerns. Trust me though, when you're riding the bike it really is OK. In fact I spent the whole day on it last Sunday and I wasn't uncomfortable. I have heard long distance touring can cause you to feel it a bit and I guess that's probably accurate but its still better than many bikes. I wouldn't want it any other way cos the 'feel' you get is spot on.

Hope you do get one... Richard.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 09:42 AM
Thumbs up

Hi and welcome Chad and Richard. Richard, you are just up the road from me, I live at Howden near to Goole, there's also another John (Johns6809 on this forum) who lives at Winteringham on the south bank of the Humber he's taking delivery of a new F41000S next week, you will have to look us up sometime.

Yes; the seat on the F4 is not up to much, but then it is a sports bike and I wasn't expecting armchair comfort when I bought my first MV. I'm going to get my seat covered in Alcantera shortly, a few of the guys on the forum here have done that, I'm not sure if it will improve the comfort greatly though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 09:47 AM
Established Member

Hi Richard you are right the seat gives so much feed back especialy in the wet. Hi chad and wellcome. I don't think you'll be dissapointed my bike's never missed a beat and if you have any worries just a look at this site says it all. You won't want to ride the twin once you get to know the MV. It's awsome.
Alex
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 10:38 AM

Hello Chad.I am in the process of swapping my 2005 rsv factory for a new f4 1000s.Although i do not take delivery untill next friday,i do not think i am going to regret it for one moment!.MVs are just "special" if i were going to buy a bike on performance alone, then any of the 1000 jap sportbikes would do equally as well.But i think an MV is something to be cherished and not a consumable product like some of the other makes and are still as stunning today as they were seven years ago!
I might be 50 but feel like a kid waiting for christmas.Never had this feeling before about any bike i have had.(and i have certainly had more than a few over the past quarter of a century!)
John
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 12:41 PM

My MV has proven very reliable. Not one engine problem or otherwise, really, in nearly 19,000 miles (2005 F4S). As long as you take care of it, change the oil, etc. you will be in good shape for a long time.

- Matt H.

'05 F4 1000S
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
Hi and welcome Chad and Richard. Richard, you are just up the road from me, I live at Howden near to Goole, there's also another John (Johns6809 on this forum) who lives at Winteringham on the south bank of the Humber he's taking delivery of a new F41000S next week, you will have to look us up sometime.

Yes; the seat on the F4 is not up to much, but then it is a sports bike and I wasn't expecting armchair comfort when I bought my first MV. I'm going to get my seat covered in Alcantera shortly, a few of the guys on the forum here have done that, I'm not sure if it will improve the comfort greatly though.
A little trick with the seat, If you sit on the bike and feel around your backside you may find the only part of you that is in contact with the seat is the top of your legs. I think the best way around this is to remove the cover, take off the foam seat padding, put some foam about 1 inch thick directly onto the seat base and taper it down towards the outer edges of the seat, replace the original seat foam on top of this, and re-cover the seat, you will find it is much more comfortable while still keeping the original shape, you can obviously adjust the foam for "best fit" before you recover the seat
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Thank you all

Thank you all for the information. I hope to provide some good feedback on the F41000R soon as I have decided to purchase the bike. I do have a question about price though. Did everyone who ordered their bikes pay MSRP? For those of you who own a F41000R state side, how much did you pay for your bike? Does anyone know the MSRP for this bike in the United States? Sportrider.com states $22,995 USD. Is this correct?

Thanks again,
Chad951

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode