MV on ebay..what do you guys think? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

MV on ebay..what do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-MV...QQcmdZViewItem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 12:07 AM

My first thought is if this is really such an easy fixer to get on the road again, why doesn't the seller fix it (he says he has all the parts) and sell it for much more $$$ as a complete bike?
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I brought an "easy fixer" daytona 955i and it cost me $4000.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 01:07 AM
Established Member

hello tyjohn I am sort interested by your mv agusta f4 1000 you want drives statement how much for transport for Luxembourg thank you and you all the paper of my motor bike has
sid

sid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 01:19 AM

I THINK I bid on a bike from this same person. Well, the ebay name isn't the same, and the location isn't the same but it's very near. And the style of the ad is the same.

I asked the guy to put a fork or a spoon on the seat of the bike and send me a picture, and then I'd bid. He did, and I bid. It was a 2002 748 with very light damage and low miles and I just missed it at $4k.

Kinda wish I got it after all I've been through with the 996 which cost me $8500, but oh well.

The guy says right in the ad that he'll sell you the parts to make it complete, but they look like they don't match to me.

I'd stay away from salvage bikes if it's one you want to keep. If it's going to be a track bike and you'll be going through it anyway, go for it.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 06:11 AM

I just don't understand why he's not selling it complete if he's got the parts. To me this is suspicious. I am wondering whether there is something seriously wrong with the bike (like bent frame) and he's covering himself by only selling it as salvage. i.e. If it's bought as salvage, and then you find a major problem, you have no comeback. On the otherhand, if it's complete, and you're not informed of a defect, then you could sue. (?)

Si
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 07:24 AM

It's a gamble, some you win. others
One problem with MV is the massive forks, these transmit any accident force into the frame
I once went to see a 916 like this, it looked perfect untill you put the tank on, then you could see that tank would not meet up with the airbox seal (The tank is the top of the airbox on 916 derivatives)
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk
It's a gamble, some you win. others
One problem with MV is the massive forks, these transmit any accident force into the frame
I once went to see a 916 like this, it looked perfect untill you put the tank on, then you could see that tank would not meet up with the airbox seal (The tank is the top of the airbox on 916 derivatives)
That is a good point. I wonder if that is why is not including a picture with the gas tank/ airbox on the bike? It still is weird he is not inlcuding the airbox and gauges.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 07:56 AM

I know if you want to register a salvage motorcycle in Connecticut, you have to show reciepts of new parts. But I don`t think that is the reason for the seprate parts here. I think it`s so he can take you to the cleaners for the tank and airbox once you commit to the bike.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 08:04 AM

Whats the story on this one?http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-MV-AGUSTA...QQcmdZViewItem
eBay.co.uk: 2002 MV AGUSTA F4S BIKE MOTORCYCLE (item 230021497051 end time 25-Aug-06 15:09:11 BST)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode