Considering MV F4 1000 R Purchase - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Considering MV F4 1000 R Purchase

Hello,
I am considering purchasing the new F4 1000R. I am coming from the world of Japanese sport bikes and this would easily be the biggest bike purchase I have made, so I am a little apprehensive. I really like this bike mainly for its style and exclusivity and feel like I am at the point in my riding career where I would like this type of bike.
For those of you that have made a similar switch can you give me honest feedback as far as the switch. Was it worth it? What bike did you come from? How is the bike in overall daily use (ride quality, performance, handling and reliability)? How is dealer and company support?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
RobP, welcome to MVAgusta.net! There are a handful of new R owners that have given a lot of great feedback about the MV, I'm sure you will not be disappointed. Where are you located? This might help on the dealer support.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 01:00 PM
Smile

Welcome Rob. I've only got the S version so I can't comment on the R. I'll leave that to those lucky individuals who have just got one. I don't think you would regret buying any MV, they are simply superb functional works of art IMO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 01:02 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
welcome to the forum
that 1000R will be an amazing life
... buy one and you'll NEVER be withOUT an MV in your garage again... i guarantee

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobP
Hello,
I am considering purchasing the new F4 1000R. I am coming from the world of Japanese sport bikes and this would easily be the biggest bike purchase I have made, so I am a little apprehensive. I really like this bike mainly for its style and exclusivity and feel like I am at the point in my riding career where I would like this type of bike.
For those of you that have made a similar switch can you give me honest feedback as far as the switch. Was it worth it? What bike did you come from? How is the bike in overall daily use (ride quality, performance, handling and reliability)? How is dealer and company support?
Hi Rob, I see you are considering an F41000R. Where are you located in which country? Redgards Peter.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 01:18 PM

hey rob, i have ad my F4 for five months now and I have always owned a Jap bike.....I finally reache that pinnicle that you are now at and purchased. I would say it is definitely worth the purchase. everywhere i go people stare and take pics and conversate about the bike...i still ride with all my partners and when it comes to handling there is nothing better in my opinion....may not be as fast in the point and shoot as some of the jap's like the ZX10, etc....but worth the buy! Bottom line, if it is what you want then pull the trigger!
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the quick responses. I am in Sacramento, California. I think the closest dealer is in SF, but I would definitely travel to get a good price. Do dealers typically deal with these bikes or is there enough demand for dealers to mark them up? Will they also let you test ride?
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 01:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to Amer Send a message via Yahoo to Amer
I recently went from an 05 R1 to an 05 MV F4S 1000. Incredible bike for sure and NO regrets.

Ergos are a little different, more agressive. The F4 750 is even more agressive.

Can't blip the throttle on the shifts because of EBS but otherwise a great bike and rails through corners (feels more planted IMO) Read JamesC's FAQ on EBS and how it works
http://www.mvfaq.blogspot.com/

The weight of the bike feels more in the front than most Japanese bikes. It is also taller ~33 inches. look for recent thread about seat height etc http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2852

Ppl always complain about how bikes perform or compare to other bikes and what I mean by that if you make one adjustment when riding they think that very same adjustment applies to another bike. Sometimes riding styles have to be adjusted significantly to get the same effect...which can be difficult.

As for parts and support it seems to be getting better, yes you may have to wait for parts, but it is to be expected when you compare the factory size and logistics compared to Japanese bike manufacturers and their dealer network.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 01:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to Amer Send a message via Yahoo to Amer
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobP
Thanks everyone for the quick responses. I am in Sacramento, California. I think the closest dealer is in SF, but I would definitely travel to get a good price. Do dealers typically deal with these bikes or is there enough demand for dealers to mark them up? Will they also let you test ride?
Our delaership will let you test ride everything they have when there is a demo bike in the shop.

Dealing, it depends on demand and the yr. I got a good deal on mine because it was an 05 and the 06's were coming out. I could have waited for an 06 but I wanted the blue and silver paint scheme which was only for 05.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 01:53 PM
lk

Hey Rob

I got an R about 2 weeks ago. I had a 2005 Ducati 749R before that and a Jap bike before that. The MV puts those in their place. Looks are simply amazing.. personally i dont think thats up for discussion. Park it next to ANY exotic car or bike and the MV is the clear winner. I have heard many times already.. "this is the most beautiful motorcycle i've ever seen."
As for performance.. it is simply a rocket. I'm not a professional by any stretch.. but i know performance when i'm knee deep in it.. and this thing has an engine that makes you realize you just "boarded" it. The engine never stops hitting hard and surges forward at exactly 5k rpm like extra cylinders came online. The Brembo front brakes are great.. the rear caliper is the only part of the bike i'd change. The suspension is excellent and the feedback from the chasis is better than the Duc. The Duc's suspension was slightly nicer (Ohlins all around) The bikes are priced about the same... i sold the Duc after test riding the MV.. there's simply no comparison. I'm gonna stop my momentum on writing about my bike. If you do make it down to LA I would be happy to ride with you and introduce you to the guys at ProItalia (LA's MV dealer).

Feel free to PM me if youd like to chat or have any questions.
The riders in Europe have had the bike longer and are much more advanced riders then me. I'm sure they would be happy to give you their impressions too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode