Just bought a 312 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

Just bought a 312

G'day everyone...
First off, thanks for all the great information on this site, I used it frequently before my purchace...
So...A few days ago I picked up my new (05/08) f4 312r for $26000 ride away inc helmet($400)...Pretty good deal I thought, bought on gold coast (QLD, Australia).
So at the moment I am running it in (now up to 300km's) and loving it, of course..!
Couple of questions,
1. Rear stand is near impossible to fit, is this usual?

2. How SHOULD I run it in, 2 different dealers have told me different to what the owners book states ie. go easy for 3 tanks then let it rip...
3. No service book to stamp or warranty book? Both dealers said it was all done online ?
4. Will the bike get better over a few 1000 km's as it loosens up?

Thanks for any advice on this machine, and by the way I am loving it !
Matt

Last edited by mvmatty; 01-31-2010 at 01:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 02:02 AM
Established Member

Hi Matt,

1. Not usual
2. Run in not about 6000rpm until 1000km, then oil change, then you're OK
3. I have a warranty booklet - mine is a 2007. Not sure for Australia
4. Not as far as tuning or anything in my experience, just that the gearbox loosens up
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 02:06 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick reply and information !
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 02:15 AM

congrtas mate and welcome, I would run it in by the book to be safe. As for the rear stand the hard plastic seems to expand. I took a grinder to mine and shaved some off. problem fixed.

You got any pics??
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 02:29 AM Thread Starter

Hey,
Funny you say that, I was thinking about my grinder today....
Sorry no photos yet (just dodgy phone photos), but its the red & silver one, it was a toss up between that or the black and white one which I also loved but went the origional scheme...I was going to add about it running hot, but we all know they do right...I have been (trying..!) keeping it under 6k so far and look forward to giving it some more, it certainly is hard to keep the front wheel down at around 5-6k under moderate acceleration in 1st, but I am sure the demo bike I rode (non 312 model 1000r with 8000km's) seemed even more punchy, thus my question about weather the engine gets better with more km's....
Not that it needs any more punch

Currently : mv1000f4 312r, Ducati 750ss (95),and previously...gsxr600 k1, yzf1000r, ducati 900ss, ducati 600m, yzf750r, cbr600f, xt600, gpz900r, nsr250sp, kr1,
cagiva mito 125 (lawson replica), rg250, z250, cb350 (Four)...and counting...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 02:30 AM
MRT

Hi Matt

You got a pretty good deal there bud, I tried to buy a 312R from them when I got mine and they wouldn't budge from the RRP which was about $34,000 back then. In the end I said screw em and took my $30 something grand to another dealer.

Mate my stand dont fit properly either, it will go in but not without a bit of persuasion. I need to take the nylon bush into work and take a skim off with the lathe.

I followed the run in proceedure in the hand book for the first thousand kay's,varying the throttle and keeping it under 6 grand then after the first service the mechanic said it was right to get up it. My run in trip went over tambourine, springbrook, numinbah valley to kyogle and back up the summerland and mt lindsay highway. then a few more laps around the canungra area and she was ready for the thousand kay service that monday.

I haven't got a warranty book either, but they obviously have a record becuase i have had no problem getting warranty work done.

I haven't noticed it loosen up any more since the first 1000 kays.

Enjoy your bike mate, what colour did you get?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRT View Post
Hi Matt

You got a pretty good deal there bud, I tried to buy a 312R from them when I got mine and they wouldn't budge from the RRP which was about $34,000 back then. In the end I said screw em and took my $30 something grand to another dealer.

Mate my stand dont fit properly either, it will go in but not without a bit of persuasion. I need to take the nylon bush into work and take a skim off with the lathe.

I followed the run in proceedure in the hand book for the first thousand kay's,varying the throttle and keeping it under 6 grand then after the first service the mechanic said it was right to get up it. My run in trip went over tambourine, springbrook, numinbah valley to kyogle and back up the summerland and mt lindsay highway. then a few more laps around the canungra area and she was ready for the thousand kay service that monday.

I haven't got a warranty book either, but they obviously have a record becuase i have had no problem getting warranty work done.

I haven't noticed it loosen up any more since the first 1000 kays.

Enjoy your bike mate, what colour did you get?
^^^red and silver
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 02:34 AM
MRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamv1000 View Post
^^^red and silver
yeah just read that after I posted!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmatty View Post
Hey,
Funny you say that, I was thinking about my grinder today....
Sorry no photos yet (just dodgy phone photos), but its the red & silver one, it was a toss up between that or the black and white one which I also loved but went the origional scheme...I was going to add about it running hot, but we all know they do right...I have been (trying..!) keeping it under 6k so far and look forward to giving it some more, it certainly is hard to keep the front wheel down at around 5-6k under moderate acceleration in 1st, but I am sure the demo bike I rode (non 312 model 1000r with 8000km's) seemed even more punchy, thus my question about weather the engine gets better with more km's....
Not that it needs any more punch
yea mate most run hot, do a search on the forum and there is a abundance of info on it. The more k's I put on mine the better it got so strat riding mate.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 02:41 AM Thread Starter

MRT,
Thanks for your help ! Sounds like you are local to me...I would like to hear more about your warranty work and any other helpful info when you have time, thanks !

Currently : mv1000f4 312r, Ducati 750ss (95),and previously...gsxr600 k1, yzf1000r, ducati 900ss, ducati 600m, yzf750r, cbr600f, xt600, gpz900r, nsr250sp, kr1,
cagiva mito 125 (lawson replica), rg250, z250, cb350 (Four)...and counting...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode