Dead Dead Dead - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 04:46 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Dead Dead Dead

bike has been laid up for about 8 weeks now, i knew the battery would be dead so put on a battery starting kit, normally starts off this first time..............not today, system goes through its diagnostic checks but the fuel pump doesn't prime, wondering if the battery goes dead does the alarm/immobiliser need reseting or do i just need to leave the battery on charge. it normally starts dead cars, bikes 747's when required so am a bit confused as to why nothing is happening now, any ideas?

Toca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 04:52 AM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tocalosh Black View Post
bike has been laid up for about 8 weeks now, i knew the battery would be dead so put on a battery starting kit, normally starts off this first time..............not today, system goes through its diagnostic checks but the fuel pump doesn't prime, wondering if the battery goes dead does the alarm/immobiliser need reseting or do i just need to leave the battery on charge. it normally starts dead cars, bikes 747's when required so am a bit confused as to why nothing is happening now, any ideas?

Toca

They do this, make sure the battery is fully and i mean fully charged, not just nearly full.

Veyr rarely will they click when you hit the starter if the battery is nearly full, it'll either work or not work.

Royal pain in the arse and panics the hell out of you the first time it happens but by what you're saying it's just a low battery.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 05:05 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Cheers Chris but this is the first time it has happen, normally it starts off the jumper without issue and i made sure i charged it before attaching it to the battery, maybe i should just buy a new battery and keep the old as a reserve
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 05:13 AM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tocalosh Black View Post
Cheers Chris but this is the first time it has happen, normally it starts off the jumper without issue and i made sure i charged it before attaching it to the battery, maybe i should just buy a new battery and keep the old as a reserve

the cold weather will aggrivate a weak battery tbh. You can get a new battery if you like but i would just top the battery up and then try to start it leaving the jumper still connected.

It wil go from nothing to firing up with little middle ground of clicking or turnign over slowly.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 06:39 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
I would be concerned the fuel pump doesn't prime. The bike may not turn over on a drained battery, but the fuel pump certainly should prime.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
thats what concerned me, having saID THAT THOUGH, IF THERE ISN'T ENOUGH LIFE IN THE battery will it still prime?
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 07:02 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
If you have charged the battery anywhere near its capacity, yes, it should.

I would still change the battery.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
not charged it at all, but put it on a jump start kit, essentially a fully charged battery to start it from
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 07:07 AM
Established Member

I'd be checking your fuses. My K8 GSXR did exactly the same thing. Diagnostics would run but the no fuel pump and no starter. Turned out to be a 10amp fuse had blown.

MV Agusta 05 F4 1000
BMW 09 K1300S
Ducati 00 748R
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
dont say shit like that, all i have known with that bloody bike is blown fuses, mind you on a brighter noter my k2 blew a fuse trying to start it so hopefully the mv is over that now lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode