How I Got My F41000R - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 02:01 AM Thread Starter

How I Got My F41000R

Hi everyone,

I'll try to keep this story short.

Early in September last year, I had owned my poor old 02 APRILIA Falco for 4 years, and hey, I was getting a bit stale, so I thought I would trade it in on something a little moor exciting. So the search begins...........
I decided to settle on purchasing an MV AGUSTA Brutale 910. To my luck, 2 shops that are side by side were selling a Brutale 910 each. One was a 910R, in the MV AGUSTA Autherised Dealer Shop. The other a 910S, in a no brand, Used Bike Consignment Sales Shop. I thought this was a good opportunity to screw the price down, by making them compete on price.
So I start at the shop with the 07 Brutale 910S. Nice condition, low klms, looks good. Took it or a test ride. Now I'm a bad judge for tourque on these bikes. Remember, I rode a torquey twin for 4 years, so I thought, hey, this how they go. Besides, it pissed along up in the revs, so I thought, ok I'll get used to it. Well priced too.
Next door at the MV AGUSTA Autherised Dealer, the Brutale 910R beconed. It too was in good condition, but more expensive than the 910S. I asked to take it for a ride, curious to see if the ride was worth parting the extra money for. But to my suprise, the salesmans response was, if you rode the one next door, they all go the same. Disapointing but true.
So after much rangling with both, I bought the Brutale 910S at the Used Bike Shop for what I believed to be a good deal. A happy, happy day for me.
I did not buy the bike with the intension for everyday use, but I rode most weekends with my brother on his 07 CBR1000. The next thing I found myself wanting pipes. So off to Motovation I go and buy a full Arrow Thunder system. Now what about that Microtec I need.......Wait I'll put it in for service first, then I'll put the goodies on.
I chose to take it to the MV AGUSTA Autherised Dealer for it's 6k service. The bike shop that had the 910R. Anyway, I ask for the bike's first service record, because it was a local bike. Yep, serviced correctly, except for the mistake on the capacity. It had it listed as a 750cc. So naturally I ask them to fix it, and put it down as 910cc.
Well the service mechanc guy looks at me, and says its a Brutale 750. I said no, I just bought it next door 3 months ago as a Brutale 910. Next, he gets the other mechanics to confirm what he said.
I'm like, what the .
I trudge next door and tell the guy who sold me the bike that he sold me a 750 not a 910. He claimed he didn't know. After negotaition breakdown, I got a solicitor to threaten to take him to court. Guess what........it worked.
Now I wasn't looking for an F4. The MV AGUSTA Autherised Dealer that I didn't buy the 910R from, that didn't give me the test ride on, that would have swung my money to him. Imagine riding the Brutale 910R after the Brutale750/910S. I would have thought there was something wrong with the 910S, and bought the 910R. They didn't want to trade my Brutale750S for the bike I originally bartered agianst, the Brutale 910R. Not much luck with them guys.
But there was a geat price on a f4 at another MV AGUSTA Autherised Dealer. And yes, they would trade my Brutale750. After the test ride, I fell in love. What is it about this bike that would make me turn my back on the Brutale? I've still got the full Arrow Thunder system at home.
The positives are that I got to ride and own a Brutale 750. This is a bike that I would not have bought because of its capacity. But what a cracker of a motorcycle, no regrets. It's an engine you can use the whole of, if that makes sence? Bloody Fantastic.
The next positive is I got to ride an f4. Look what I was missing out on. Its like the mistress you know is bad for you, but you can't resist it. The looks, the power, and the glory.
Bad is the money I lost out on in all of this fiasco. But who cares, I got many experiences I would'nt change for nothing.

The bikes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 02:11 AM
MRT

Hey Mate, sorry to hear you had to wear the cost, but great choice in the end! Glad it all turned out ok for you. You will love the F4 down there, wish I lived closer......
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 02:52 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Mat We'll ride the next time your down for sure

See if you can make time for this

http://www.australianmotorcycleexpo....t-show-details

New Brutale's are to be there.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 03:03 AM
MRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_b View Post
Thanks Mat We'll ride the next time your down for sure

See if you can make time for this

http://www.australianmotorcycleexpo....t-show-details

New Brutale's are to be there.
Yeah I was just reading about it in AMCN yesterday, I have never been but always wanted to. I should try and make it this year.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 03:51 AM

I like how you said "try" to keep the story short
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 03:58 AM

I am glad you realise that the f4 is a better bike.......now only if the other brutale riders on this forum would recognise it too
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 05:32 AM

New Site Garage
Thumbs up Long storey

I can see where ya coming from Matey, test drove a 910s and loved it but could only afford it about two years later, lost 50kg in that time. Bought the "s"and loved it, went for breakfast run with a couple of blokes and got T-boned by a Triumph, punishment for using those great brakes too hard. Insurance was great and the F4 1000R was the next step up/faster? Took that to a Trackday and stacked it second time round, now it will be my Racebike for this season here in West Ausy. Send any funds quick please ...LOL. Cant wait to get going, if you need any help just let me know, there are some great blokes on this site which are real GENTS, and will help you fix or obtain anything...MV
Cheers Buddy and Happy Australia Day.
Attached Images

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 05:39 AM

Got there in the end then Rob_b

adamv1000 - "now only if the other brutale riders on this forum would recognise it too"

Last edited by Totale; 01-26-2010 at 05:43 AM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 05:42 PM

Cool

Good story Rob_b, and I totally understand how you got where you are now. Just look at your pics. And Donsy had me LoL. Check's in the mail...

Nulla tenaci invia est via
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamv1000 View Post
I am glad you realise that the f4 is a better bike.......now only if the other brutale riders on this forum would recognise it too
Adam........I knew you were going to say that

Donsy, I don't know what your doing.......but it looks like your having fun LOL.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode