Baffles... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 02:14 AM Thread Starter

Question Baffles...

And yes, before I get flamed, I did a search...couldn't find the specific answer...

How much, if any, does just removing the baffles make in the sound / noise level?

I copped a set of slip-ons from a member, was thinking of doing the "gazman mod" but I'm wondering if I need to go that far...I'm just looking to be able to hear the beast...too quiet for me...

Thanks,

Al

'07 F4 1000R 1+1
A turd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 02:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to SANDMAN
Its going to sound like sh** and if you want nice sounding pipes go with the RG3's Or the arrow race pipes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nothing Is Impossible For Those That Don't Have To Do It!!!!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDMAN View Post
Its going to sound like sh**
Gheez, if that's sh**, I like it.
I had my baffels modded here in Brisbane and it sounds great. Loud but not too loud. Much deeper note on idle and screems when you're up it.

The comments I get from people I know who I've blasted past when they are in there cars are always really good.

My wife can hear me down our street, to the end of the next (2 kms) and on to the motorway, 3kms odd.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and

whys it gonna sound like shit ???

that a bit of a slating for no reason
yep rg3 would be nice but some of us can't afford to buy them at present
and if i was buying an exhaust i'd want ti corse cause i like them but i can't justify 1/2 of what my bikes value is on some pipes
so i'll mod mine also

that statement was a bit out of order i feel
especially from someone who looks like a fookin terrorist hehehe

no offence intended tho mate looks like its hot from the photo

life is not measured by the number of breaths we take
but by the moments that take our breath away
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I'll get flamed by some for this, but here goes anyway:

Loud Pipes Lose Rights.

There is a big difference between a good sounding bike and an obnoxiously loud bike.
Loud does not equal power.

I like a good sounding bike as much as anyone, and my MV is running the MV Corse exhaust, so don't get your panties in a wad when I say don't make your bike obnoxious. My track only SV650 is much louder then my 910R with the corse pipes....but it is track only.

If you want your government to start enforcing more and more restrictions on your motorcycles then loud pipes are the fastest way to get that done.....and it is happening all over the world right now. (thanks all you straight pipe Harley idiots)

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 10:17 AM
FSL

MV Corse on F4 is loud enough, to cause the same damage. RG3 is tinny bit louder then stock.

Loud is loud there is no nice way of putting it. There are some exhaust which are obnoxiously loud but I don't think removal of baffles with Cossoli or guzmo mod will be that loud.

If one wants to play by government rules and not to piss off people there is nothing wrong with stock exhaust with CAT lets save the environment IMO.

On the side note any bodoy try putting the aftermarlet slash cut Ti tips on stock exhaust?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 11:29 AM
King of Carbon

Send a message via Skype™ to DesignCorse
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by greestlightnin View Post
And yes, before I get flamed, I did a search...couldn't find the specific answer...

How much, if any, does just removing the baffles make in the sound / noise level?

I copped a set of slip-ons from a member, was thinking of doing the "gazman mod" but I'm wondering if I need to go that far...I'm just looking to be able to hear the beast...too quiet for me...

Thanks,

Al

Hi Al,

We have test the baffles out exhausts on the 750s and believe on the 1000R its just not worth it, A better investment would be to replace the mid-pipe(removing cat), fitting a BMC Race Air filter. That would get a deeper note from the stock exhaust without being too noise intrusive.

The 1000R's sound diffrent to the 750s, and we believe with the baffles out on 1000R would make it too loud. This is honestly IMO.

Regards

Al

T: +44 (0) 1582 840 024

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 05:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to SANDMAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by postman_bat View Post
whys it gonna sound like shit ???

that a bit of a slating for no reason
yep rg3 would be nice but some of us can't afford to buy them at present
and if i was buying an exhaust i'd want ti corse cause i like them but i can't justify 1/2 of what my bikes value is on some pipes
so i'll mod mine also

that statement was a bit out of order i feel
especially from someone who looks like a fookin terrorist hehehe

no offence intended tho mate looks like its hot from the photo

Hmmm I didn't know i looked like a terrorist and yes it was hot that day the pic was takin summer time in Iraq it was around 120 degrees. As for the mod on the pipes i thought he wanted to hallow them out and keep them like that. You bought an MV not a gixxer so yes parts are going to be a bit more mate.

Nothing Is Impossible For Those That Don't Have To Do It!!!!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 10:05 PM

Sandman , you are a real man.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

Wow...didn't mean to stir the pot...

SANDMAN...the reason I copped the stock pipes to modify was the $$$ factor.

esq' me...I'm not looking for loud, just audible. I understand where you're coming from, and I'm in complete agreement. You wouldn't like my harley.

DesignCorse...I really like your suggestion, but wouldn't that require a chip / ECU as well? See the $$$ reply above.

Okay, so removing the baffles would be too loud. Not what I'm after. Would removing the packings make any difference?

Al

'07 F4 1000R 1+1
A turd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode