2010 F4 in Australia - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

2010 F4 in Australia

Any of the Aussies heard any more news?

When will it be here? Have orders already been placed?

How much $$?

My local dealer doesn't seem to know much. Even the MV Agusta Australia website doesn't have anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 12:51 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

No, it's a secret. It shall also likely continue to be a secret after the release.

Welcome to the land of plenty.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Haha sadly it seems like you're right.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 12:25 AM

I was told the 2010 model will cost the same as the 1078RR before the price drop. Even though the Aussies dollar is only 8c shy of the US dollar we are still being screwed over.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 07:16 AM

i dont know about over there but i have put deposit on one for march. 14250 in england
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky sparky View Post
i dont know about over there but i have put deposit on one for march. 14250 in england
On current exchange rates that would be approx 25,400 AUD. If it came in at $21k USD in the US that would approx $23K AUD.

Whichever way you look at it we are getting screwed big time. I guess we should stop using the expression 'land of plenty' for obvious reasons.

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 06:05 PM

We get screwed more because of Import and luxury Taxes than the movement of the dollar in relation to other currencies.
If they were sold in Australia for $23k they would probably be as common as an R1. The RRP on the 09 R1 was $21k which soon dropped to $19k. But for an extra few $$ I think it would persuade a considerable amount of buyers to switch to the Italian beast.
Think of it this way...... Like with a lot of things, you're being overcharged for exclusivity.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash_Dawg View Post
We get screwed more because of Import and luxury Taxes than the movement of the dollar in relation to other currencies.
If they were sold in Australia for $23k they would probably be as common as an R1. The RRP on the 09 R1 was $21k which soon dropped to $19k. But for an extra few $$ I think it would persuade a considerable amount of buyers to switch to the Italian beast.
Think of it this way...... Like with a lot of things, you're being overcharged for exclusivity.
Yeah, its Govt taxes more than the dealer makes a profit. I thought the tax on luxury vehicles was around 40%? That kinda makes sense in my calcs because if the dealers make around 20-30% then the landed cost of an MV would be around AUD16k, based on an RRP of ~AUD30k
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

But luxury car tax doesn't apply to a ~$30K bike does it? Only for vehicles/bikes over $57K as far as I know...

So it basically comes down to import taxes, which seems alot.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu53wa View Post
But luxury car tax doesn't apply to a ~$30K bike does it? Only for vehicles/bikes over $57K as far as I know...

So it basically comes down to import taxes, which seems alot.
Yes that's correct re: luxury tax. How much is the import tax? As I understand it is 10% import duty + 10% GST, so I am still at a loss regarding final prices in the (likely) $30k range.

Remember when all the hidden taxes were supposedly going to be removed with the advent of GST. Yeah right! But now we need to be careful before we have our version of the the Randy - Cags political discusions....lol.

My view is still that we are getting screwed and I don't subscribe to the view that being overcharged for 'exclusivity' is any more palatable when I look it from that viewpoint.

Our biggest problem perhaps, partly due to our isolated goegrahic location, is that we have the mindset that is is OK to pay over the odds for our goods.

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta

Last edited by MVista; 01-24-2010 at 05:41 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode