Paddock Stand - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Send a message via Skype™ to AinsleyHenderson
Paddock Stand

Any suggestions was to why my stand won't easily push into the hub.
It has been getting harder to engage into the hub, and now requires my to sit on the ground and kick it in with my foot. Then I can't get out without the help of a hammer and socket drive extension. The hub does not appear hot when I touch it, and I have clean the inside of the hub and the male end of the stand.

Thanks

Ainsley Henderson
2006 F4 1000 Senna #84/300
2013 Bimota DB8SP
2004 Ducati 999R #251
2010 BMW S1000RR
2015 Aprilia RSV4 RF Superpole #292/500
2016 BMW K1600 GTL Exclusive
2009 BMW R1200RT (sold)
2003 Ducati 999s (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 02:43 AM
MRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AinsleyHenderson View Post
It has been getting harder to engage into the hub, and now requires my to sit on the ground and kick it in with my foot. Then I can't get out without the help of a hammer and socket drive extension. The hub does not appear hot when I touch it, and I have clean the inside of the hub and the male end of the stand.

Thanks
Mine has done the same thing since new. I am going to take the nylon bush from the stand to work and take a skim off it with the lathe.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 02:49 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AinsleyHenderson View Post

Thanks
Same problem here; very tight fit. I spray the nylon male end with WD40 prior to pushing it in but it's still quite a struggle. Then it's a struggle (for me) to get the bike on the stand, particularly since I took the pillion pegs off. Then it's a struggle getting the bloody thing out of the rear wheel again...

Nulla tenaci invia est via
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 09:24 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
It's a nice snug fit..any grit or contamination embedded into it only makes it worse. Take some emery cloth, wrap around it and sand away a bit of the material.

Also make sure the inside of the spindle isn't dirty or corroded.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 09:50 AM

I trhew mine on the bulk trash. Got a pitbull, and problem solved.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Established Member

i threw mine in the trash, bought a ducati oem stand and change the pin to match mv hub...never had to mess with that cheapo stand that comes with the bike ever again. that stand is so cheap..no wheels to roll..so it gets all scatched up..not to mention that it's a pain to lift up. cheapo stand is so undeserving of such a nice bike.. always wondered why no one has ever complained about that cheapo stand.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 10:44 AM
Established Member

be very careful if lubing the hub or spigot of stand with wd40 or the like i did this with my 312r and it turned on the spigot and fell off the stand whilst cleaning the chain !!! you have been warned!!!
i junked mine and got an abba superbike stand superb and problem solved.
colin
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 01:51 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
2 of those POS came with my bike, only 1 works, the plastic piece on the other is 0.3mm larger than the hole in the axle......nice!

the 'no wheels' feature is especially handy when i try to use the stand while the bike is on my hoist.....it tries to pull the bike out of the front wheel clamp.....2 more for the scrap pile

Noel-theknurl
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

I just clean mine every couple of months & lube it up with vaseline & it works fine I do have some problems with my paddock stand though

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta

Last edited by MVista; 01-18-2010 at 05:18 PM.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 05:08 PM

The nylon shaft swells slightly in size due to contact with oils such as WD40 etc. Just sand paper the nylon shaft and your good to go. I use mine all the time, no drama and I'm only 63kg in weight.

PS : saw you up the Old road on sunday before it pissed down on us.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!

Last edited by minime; 01-18-2010 at 05:10 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode