Impeller Mod' - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

Impeller Mod'

Has anyone fitted the improved metal impeller mod + cover???

Iv got Jeff @ Gtec to order the impeller 8000B3126 H.O and the cover 80B0B3144 H.O.Cover

Just curious to see if its worked for anyone or if i will need a manual fan switch fitting too....

Cheers all, James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 06:47 AM
Established Member

James, your 750 will be okay & not require the impellar mod. You will probably find a fresh swop of coolant & some good quality oil can bring down the temp a few degrees. I swop mine before every seasons riding & have no bother at all even abroad in a hotter climate.

The 1000"s are a different thing altogether. The demo I was booked to ride, spat its coolant out in front of me in the dealer car park! A bit off putting.

A mate on his 1000 which was 1 month old spat its coolant everytime we stopped at the lights, he soon got rid & was put off MV"s.

I have done 13000 mile on track & foreign holidays & it has never missed a beat. [except for a leaking fuel line o ring]. I love my 750 & prefer it over the 1000.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 08:22 AM

when I first got my 07 F4 it spit out it's coolant after a ride on a hot day. It was over serviced. After that it didn't do it again. I have replaced the impeller and cover with the new and improved version and it does help. It still doesn't run as cool as my FZ1 but it helped and is worth the money. PLus I installed the muzzy fans blades.
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungle View Post
James, your 750 will be okay & not require the impellar mod. You will probably find a fresh swop of coolant & some good quality oil can bring down the temp a few degrees. I swop mine before every seasons riding & have no bother at all even abroad in a hotter climate.

The 1000"s are a different thing altogether. The demo I was booked to ride, spat its coolant out in front of me in the dealer car park! A bit off putting.

A mate on his 1000 which was 1 month old spat its coolant everytime we stopped at the lights, he soon got rid & was put off MV"s.

I have done 13000 mile on track & foreign holidays & it has never missed a beat. [except for a leaking fuel line o ring]. I love my 750 & prefer it over the 1000.

Hi mate- seems no matter which forum, there you are thanks for the advice, iv already had it serviced and the coolant replaced, she still sits around 90 - 100 during the summer, fans on and fans not cooling her down.

It cooks my nuts let alone the poor motor!!!! the impeller mod should help and im getting the guy who's fitting it to jet wash out the rad too, incase there crud build up.

Will let you know the results.

As for Assen next year, yep count me in as far as i can tell at the moment its just me- iv a load of non committal mates who like doing pub runs, not so keen on traveling though.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 09:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to Spartukus Send a message via Skype™ to Spartukus
Check out this Thread:
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24942

at any rate,
It did WONDERS for my bike.

Don't make excuses, Make it happen

05 F4
07 SENNA (261/300)
13 F3

04 Ducati 749s (Track Project)
06 CBR600RR (Track Project II)
08 Aprilia RSV (Rest In Pieces)
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 10:14 AM
lee

It helps but does not "cure" the hot running. I still beleive the fan switch is the answer.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee View Post
It helps but does not "cure" the hot running. I still beleive the fan switch is the answer.

you may be right, i have my doubts too-

will soon see, springs now in sight
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 10:35 AM

Send a message via AIM to Spartukus Send a message via Skype™ to Spartukus
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee View Post
by "fan switch" you mean a third fan with a manual switch?
I have the Muzzy metal fan on my bike and that did little to keep it at low temp. In fact I did over heat in traffic with the Muzzy fan. For those of you that know NY, the Cross Bronx (a section of I95) in not a place you want to get stuck on specially on a motorcycle and that is just where I have over heat 3 times trying to get out of NY.

When I had the impeller kit put in I actually tried to go on bumper to bumper NYC traffic and the bike never got above 224 which was a big deal!

Don't make excuses, Make it happen

05 F4
07 SENNA (261/300)
13 F3

04 Ducati 749s (Track Project)
06 CBR600RR (Track Project II)
08 Aprilia RSV (Rest In Pieces)
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Established Member

I put the Impeller in, and traffic in the VA. area (hwy95) to be specific, is unforgiving. the bike still overheats, but not as fast. I was beginning to believe the third fan is the answer...
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 12:41 PM
Established Member

Has anyone had their system pressure tested? A simple defective rad cap can cause some to over heat (or appear to be over heating). Leaking coolant does NOT = overheat?

this is basic automotive problem solving.

MikeCgaz
2006 910S Brutale MV Agusta waaa hooo
2002 916 S4 Ducati Monster
2003 BMW F650GS
2003 Honda XR200

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode