Tail signal LED's - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Tail signal LED's

Which LED indicators in the air ducts are best?? doesn't seem too visible, anyone have pics?

Close up pics of Melloti tail?

Please and thanQ

AL
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'07 MV Agusta F4 R 1+1
'07 BMW R1200S
'04 BMW K1200RS
'03 Suzuki SV 650 S
'02 Suzuki GSXR 750
'09 Aprilia SR 50 Factory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 01:00 AM

The one's I've seen have been home-made, rig jobs, not sure that anyone actually makes a "kit"

There is an "all in one" integrated (LED turn signals built into the tail light, which I use on my Tam) made by Clear Alternatives (Google them, go to their site, not the online retailers that carry)
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 01:18 AM
Established Member

I have the smoked clear alternatives rear and front turn signals sitting at home, waiting for me to install them along with a bunch of other parts. I am debating trying to wire up some vent style turn signals to work in conjunction with the clear alternative style onces. It shouldnt be to hard to do, maybe some super bright LED's or something really eye catching.

Happiness is a belt fed weapon in a target rich enviroment!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 MV F4 1000R, 02 Ducati 998, 04 GSXR 1k Race bike, 97 KDX 220SR dirt bike, 05 Suzuki LTR450 quad
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 03:46 AM

Personally i am not going to put indicators in the vents, my reason being safety, i do not think that the indicators in the vents are anything like visible enough to other road users, i am not going to put my life on the line by having poor visibility indicators.

It's bad enough riding a bike on the road without adding to our problems.

I have just fitted a smoked rear tail light with built in indicators, but IMO they are way too close to each other to allow a driver to determine which way you are turning, so for the same reason i will be keeping a standard format for my rear indicators and hoping to remain on this mortal coil for a few more years yet

WHEN I READ ABOUT THE PERILS OF DRINKING, I GAVE UP READING!!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 12:04 PM

I had a set of Hyper lights in my vents had to make a small bracket that mounted with the exaust hangars and then bent and I put the lights on top of the bend. They werent worth a dang to be seen at all. Now that being said I believe Matty or Josh have them in their vents cant remember which since the only time I was behind them was a split second before they ran off and left me in the dust. But they were BRIGHT as HELL and I believe lit up with the brakes also very noticeable. I did replace mine with the Clear Alternatives set up and the brake light is brighter than stock.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 12:13 PM

I've done the LEDs in the vents mod, and I don't think they are nearly as noticeable as the stock markers. (think I have a pic in my gallery). The lights themselves are brighter than the stock lights, but you really do have to be directly behind to see them well. I am planning on adding the Clear Alternatives option to them, which I think will help the visibility problem.

The stock markers are horribly ugly IMO, which I guess is why most do these things. I do little riding in traffic or the city anymore. If I did, I don't know that I would stay with these- the visibility is just not there vs. stock.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 12:13 PM

Agree with Badger, it does not seem to be much of an improvement versus the cost/effort.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Established Member

Well the effort all depends on how good you are at that kind of stuff. I am an system/electrical engineer so it should take much effort since I do this kinda thing for a living.

I think the combo of clear alternative turn signal/brake lights AND vent style blinkers in the rear would be a cool combo. I still think using a couple of super high output LED lights would be the best option, really make the color/light pop out of those vents! Anyone tried doing the duel rear signals Clear alternatives and vent blinkers?

I might work on a set when I am home next to work on the bike.

Happiness is a belt fed weapon in a target rich enviroment!!!

07 MV F4 1000R, 02 Ducati 998, 04 GSXR 1k Race bike, 97 KDX 220SR dirt bike, 05 Suzuki LTR450 quad
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Let me know how it turns out, safety is super in this sport.

AL

'07 MV Agusta F4 R 1+1
'07 BMW R1200S
'04 BMW K1200RS
'03 Suzuki SV 650 S
'02 Suzuki GSXR 750
'09 Aprilia SR 50 Factory
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 11:35 PM

Honestly, i had never intended to alter my F4 as such, but i got a nice Xmas gift from a fellow member here and i gotta tell you
THE PICTURES DO NOT DO THE CLEAR ALTERNATIVES LED LIGHT JUSTICE!!!
I thought they were going to look chessy and look forced, that was the impression i got from the pictures from everyone else who has them, but they are a very VERY nice touch to my F4! when they are on, they are beautiful.
(I am not too crazy about them when they are off and that is the only real time i get to look :-( )
Now all i need is clear front turns for my mirrors
:-)

Italian outfit, Rubber, heat, grunting, and you fill the open hole for more?? What's not to love??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode