Who can see with F4 mirrors ?? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Who can see with F4 mirrors ??

One week into my '07 F4 and wow,.......except....I can't see s_ _t around me in traffic with these mirrors.

But man I got some awesome elbows, nice jacket, but where is my surroundings? Anybody swap mirrors to useful ones?

Any input appreciated,

AL
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'07 MV Agusta F4 R 1+1
'07 BMW R1200S
'04 BMW K1200RS
'03 Suzuki SV 650 S
'02 Suzuki GSXR 750
'09 Aprilia SR 50 Factory

Last edited by AlJax; 01-08-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 03:19 PM
MRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlJax View Post
One week into my '07 F4 and wow,.......except....I can't see s_ _t around me in traffic with these mirrors.

But man I got some awesome elbows, nice jacket, but where is my surroundings? Anybody swap mirrors to useful ones?

Any input appreciated,
You get a little bit of adjustment out of the two scrrews that hold them on. It is kinda enough for me, but I still have to move my head/elbows a little. I only found this after I removed the mirrors for cleaning and when I put them back on I couldn't see anything. So I loosened the screws and opened the mirrors as wide as the would go, and retightened the screws. It helps a bit.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 03:40 PM

This may help but, because of the lean angle of the F4, you may see a lot of sky:
http://www.reevu.com/

You may be able to find some review camera systems for motorcycles. Bar end mirrors may also work but I think they look terrible of the F4.

My old 1098 had worse mirrors and I tried those circular, wide angle stick on. Didn't work at all. I spent more time leaning over trying to look at what was in the small mirror that looking at what was in front of me. One possible alternative is the 1198 mirror now come with an extender. It may fit on the MV (just paint it to the MV's color code).
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 03:40 PM

The mirror glass is adjustable up & down so you can see your upper thigh or lower armpit depending on your height - I have stripped my mirrors and lubed the internals so they move easier, but its of limited help. You must have a big problem if you are a larger person (or personess).

Nil desperandum bastardo carburundum !!
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 03:44 PM

why are we trying to see P2 and P3 again??
:-)

Italian outfit, Rubber, heat, grunting, and you fill the open hole for more?? What's not to love??
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Established Member

Screw mirror extensions and rear view cameras... Thats the point of owning awsome italian artwork, your supposed to be looking at your own bike and whats in front of you, not whats behind you. Just go faster, problem solved. LoL I have an 07 F4 and an 02 998 so I know your pain.

Even the mirrors on my Japanese bikes were worthless. You could see until you started revving the piss out of the engine, then all the vibration made them worthless so I took them off. Cant do that with the italian bikes, they look to good with them on there.

Good luck finding a usable solution. I just kinda chicken wing my arm of the way when I need to use the mirrors so...

Happiness is a belt fed weapon in a target rich enviroment!!!

07 MV F4 1000R, 02 Ducati 998, 04 GSXR 1k Race bike, 97 KDX 220SR dirt bike, 05 Suzuki LTR450 quad
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 03:53 PM

I don't know of a "sports" bike that has good mirrors, it's just the way it is. You'll need to but a naked, maybe a brutale! Ooooh, maybe not!
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 04:40 PM

I have one set high and one low. And the below is for a RHD market (so reverse for Europe and USA)

So for NZ/Aus - Right is set low, Left is set high (so I can see out of them more upright-High, or almost kissing the tank-Low)

So, I can duck down low and see out of my right over my shoulder (to see if there is anything in the right hand lane.

I can lift my left hand off the bar and see under my arm as to anything coming up the inside - for lane changing.

The mirrors are poop, and I do turn my head a lot to check too, but as they are they are now useable to me.

Obviously reverse for the US market and you will be lifting you hand off the throttle to see if you can change lanes to the right....

Happiness is Red and Silver.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRT View Post
You get a little bit of adjustment out of the two scrrews that hold them on. It is kinda enough for me, but I still have to move my head/elbows a little. I only found this after I removed the mirrors for cleaning and when I put them back on I couldn't see anything. So I loosened the screws and opened the mirrors as wide as the would go, and retightened the screws. It helps a bit.
Same here. The mirrors as pretty they are, they are a bit useless but whatever. I dont look at stuff behind because I dont ride much at all on the roads.

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 05:36 PM

I'm the odd one out here, I've found that with a bit of practice I can raise an elbow and see fairly effectively what's behind. I've led a convoy of 4 bikes through mid-Wales and around the IOM, keeping all bikes in view in the mirrors. Not racing, but going as quick as the last man wanted to go.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode