Anyone else with Rizoma Rear sets on their F4? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Anyone else with Rizoma Rear sets on their F4?

Hi guys,

The other day after a bit of track time, my Rizoma Rear sets shed a few parts on the way home. Some where on the highway between my the track and my home lies my gear shift rod.

Since Rizoma do not supply parts for their rearsets (unlike Gilles, why of why didn't I buy Gilles???) I am hoping some one else on here has Rizoma rearsets and can measure up the length of the connector rod, so that I can get one from a local supplier.

Cheers,

Robin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 12:29 AM

New Site Garage
Hi Robin,
Sorry to hear about that rod, mine lost a bolt just as I was going over Sunset corner. All fixed now , I was lucky. Anyway the rod for those Rizzom's is 145mm long, that is just the rod without the end pieces. I plan to replace mine so I can have a little more adjustment, maybe 155-165.
Let us know if you find a supplier in Perth willya, I think I might have met you at one off the Trackdayz.
I'm going racing with the beast this season and am now looking for a carbon cover to go over my clutch case, some blokes pointed me in the right direction, do you have one on?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 01:29 AM Thread Starter

Ahh nice one...

Yes i saw you at the racecraft in October, you were novice yeah with the fully prepped MV??? Nice looking machine!!! I was in Adv 1, turned up that morning with the hope that I could grab a spare spot, and by the second session I asked to be signed off on a race license.

This was me...

Thank you for that, it must be an Italian thing, shedding bits, my Rizoma's fell apart 3 times that day, twice at the gear linkage point and finally the gear shift rod.

I have been on Probolt and they stock a range of nuts and bolts, as with all things that can be purchased in Australia you need to grip your ankles and be ready to take a good hard shafting when it comes to price. But I have ordered a replacement item for just under $40AUD delivered. Other sizes are available too. http://www.probolt-australia.com/Products/0003000e0007

I don't have a cover for the clutch case, I turned up at the track with a roll of black fibre tape, some cable ties and a bottle of water. I plan to do at least one race next year but I'll be riding the wife's R1, and that will be on a shoe string budget too. In theory I could throw that down the road 3 or 4 times before I would run into the same repair bill as an MV.

If you want to try a local supply to Perth, your best bet would be Rilusi in Morley. I've had a bit of a search for Clutch covers on the net but without any luck so far.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 07:53 AM
lee

How could the whole rod fall off? Never seen Rizomas but being attached to the shift lever and the gearcase arm one would think it would stay on somehow.

Why not just make your own? All you'd need would be a pair of Heim/Rose joints and a piece of rod which you could thread for them.

Personally I like the Satos on mine.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 08:31 AM

We can get you the spares. Just email us and we'll send you the parts fiche so you can tell us what parts you'll need. Takes about a week to get them in to us after your order. If you're in a pinch, I can let you have the parts off my bike first. All spares for all Rizoma products are available from us.

Cheers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Motovation is now on Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 03:04 PM
MV1

Thumbs up

Hey Cazadore that's very gentlemanly of you brother - good stuff. Nice to see.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Wow, thanks Cazadore, I have found a local supplier that can provide these rods, they won't be a Rizoma rod, but I'll live.

But thank you anyway.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboR1 View Post

Since Rizoma do not supply parts for their rearsets (unlike Gilles, why of why didn't I buy Gilles???) I am hoping some one else on here has Rizoma rearsets and can measure up the length of the connector rod, so that I can get one from a local supplier.

Cheers,

Robin.
Rizoma does supply repair parts for their rearsets - we stock some and can get most in 2 weeks or less....

If you still need it contact us,.

If some vendor told you they can't get parts - slap them, and e-mail the info to Rizoma...
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 06:07 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Hey PJFZ1...are you "the" PJ of PJ's parts?

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 02:04 AM

Thats a real bummer mate- i have the Gilles and to make sure they stay in place i use loctite on all the bolts and linkage rods-

Im sure you can get some spare parts if you explain the scenario to Rizoma, id drop them a polite and woeful email :-)

Good luck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode