More Riding Impressions - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Smile More Riding Impressions

I've done nearly five hundred miles now, and noticed after about forty miles of continuous riding, that I start to get pins and needles in my hands. There seems to be a fair bit of vibration in the handlebars around 6k. I just wondered if anyone else had noticed this?

Also I gave the bike a good clean, and took the fairing off for a nosey around. I've heard stories of coolant and oil leaks, but everything was just fine!

Cheers

Hank_UK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 01:59 PM

I get the vibration, but not the pins and needles. Could it be you're gripping to hard? It's easily done with the throttle, fighting against the return spring.

Si
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

I don't think I grip the bars too tightly, I'm quite relaxed on the bike, and I get it in both hands. I've heard people noting that the throttle is a little stiff, but I think it's OK. Also I've heard people mention that the throttle response is quite abrupt on the F4 1000, but I thinks it's fine.
It's really funny how peoples opinions differ!

Cheers

Hank_UK
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 07:10 AM
Question

How does your F4 suit our English roads, Mark ? I live near to Stafford and my favourite haunt is the Peak District.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 07:50 AM
Established Member

Hi my bike is set up for fast A roads you have to compromise on the best settings for your area. It seems to me that this machine is less tollerant than some bikes. Maybe because of the excellent feed back we feel we are more inclined to make changes?. It hates bumpy town roads and so do i, the price we pay ah. As far as vibration is concerned have you ever rode a tuned Norton Dominator? now thats vibration. The tingling in the fingers i think is caused by your tendons in your wrist putting pressure on the nerves wich run through the carpal tunnell, it might pay to maybe adjust the angle of your levers so that the wrist is straighter. This is something i am going to try.
Hope i am not wrong have we a Doctor on board that could enlighten us?
Alex.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 07:55 AM
Established Member

Of corse there is our super Doc spalding12 - Greg.....but he just picked up his Brutale (today), so probably no way to catch him soon......
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexaye
Hi my bike is set up for fast A roads you have to compromise on the best settings for your area. It seems to me that this machine is less tollerant than some bikes. Maybe because of the excellent feed back we feel we are more inclined to make changes?. It hates bumpy town roads and so do i, the price we pay ah. As far as vibration is concerned have you ever rode a tuned Norton Dominator? now thats vibration. The tingling in the fingers i think is caused by your tendons in your wrist putting pressure on the nerves wich run through the carpal tunnell, it might pay to maybe adjust the angle of your levers so that the wrist is straighter. This is something i am going to try.
Hope i am not wrong have we a Doctor on board that could enlighten us?
Alex.
Not a Doctor but I had both Carpel tunnels operated on about 7 years back now, I used to get pins and needles within about 5 miles of home on my 748Ducati, also when sitting at a table holding a newspaper in front of me, I have had nothing at all since the operation's.
I found my 1000 hard work down some roads, I chased a Firebalde through Clocaenog forest, he wasn't being shot out of the seat like i was ! I got Maxton to make a rear shock and sort the forks, the bike is now very good
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Established Member

Hi Mike i had the same problem, being a fellow engineer it's quite a common complaint amongst those with hands on exsperiance. Only had the left wrist done after a break still not right though.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Maybe It could be me getting on a bit know, as I'm 41.
I used to get the same thing on my 996, but I don't have any problems with arm pump etc, when I ride dirt bikes, so it could also be the riding position, I might try adjusting the levers though!
With regard to the handling, I find that my F4, doesn't like bumpy roads. I backed off the suspension to the softest settings, which improved things a bit, but she definately prefers smoother tarmac! I would say the suspension at it's softest is an improvement over my Ducati 996, which liked to have me out of the seat on bumpy roads. I do quite a lot of riding in the peak district, as I live just north of Derby. I have a number of favorite roads that really suit the F4. Perhaps Valentino Rossi might like to have a ride out in the Peak one Day?

Best Regards

Hank_UK
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 11:48 AM

On the vibration note, mine is a Brute 750, but it does buzz just below 6k, so I try to keep it above that at all times

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode