New F4 FAQ thread? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

New F4 FAQ thread?

Can someone make a new F4 sticky thread or post that has all the usual questions?

1. How much will it cost?

2. When will it be delivered to my area?

3. How many different models?

4. Why doesn't it have more carbon fiber?

5. etc

I have all these questions (except for the carbon fiber) and I'm sure others do too...

I'm actually thinking about getting this bike, which is amazing after all the MV bashing I've done in the last few years... They've been making so many bikes that don't make sense out of the old parts that I thought they'd never make a new one, and when they did it would be silly. But it isn't. Well, so far it isn't.

'01 F4S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 09:07 AM

WOW! talk about raising the dead. haven't seen this name in a long time.

so what interests you about the new f4? would you ditch the '01?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 09:23 AM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
No kidding, i am curious to hear what intrigues you the most as well! I just want to know when the F3 comes out!

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by style_one View Post
WOW! talk about raising the dead. haven't seen this name in a long time.

so what interests you about the new f4? would you ditch the '01?
+10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneggs&ham View Post
No kidding, i am curious to hear what intrigues you the most as well! I just want to know when the F3 comes out!
+100!

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 11:58 AM

Hi Andy. I'll try to answer based on what I've seen here and heard from my dealer

1. How much will it cost?
Supposedly less that the current 1078. Based on the MSPR on other country, we think in the ball park of $20 to $22K.

2. When will it be delivered to my area?
My local dealer believes they should have something in March to April. So let's say June to July 2010.

3. How many different models?
Unknow at this time. Since the Brutale has a 1090 engine, there was some speculation of a F4RR version with a bigger engine.

4. Why doesn't it have more carbon fiber?
In January, MV's online configurator will be on their website. You'll be able to pick colors and accessories (including carbon fiber), like you can with automotive websites.

5. etc

What are the specs? (From MV's website):
• Dry Weight only 192,5 Kg (424 lbs)
• New hyper-light chassis and bodywork
• New in line 998 cc 4-cylinder engine
• Power supply with TSS variable length intake system
• TC MK II traction control system, adjustable on 8 levels
• Two injectors per cylinder • Slipper clutch
• New electronic injection system with 49 mm throttle bodies
• New Magneti Marelli 7BM ECU
• New 4-1 exhaust system with valve
• New reduced and lightened chassis
• New single-sided swingarm

The area of the steering stem has been completely revised and the side plates have been moved forward, this has allowed an optimal weight distribution (52% front, 48% rear). ..The standard inclination is of 23° 5’ for a nimble, modern and effective ride.

PS: There are also some spy shots on this forum of the F3 on the track (wearing poor fitting F4 body panels and side exhaust).
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 01:46 PM

excellent reply allan. wonder what the original weight distribution was?

ps. i see you like DC characters.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Hey guys.

Yeah, it's been a while for me for sure. My work/life balance isn't what it used to be, and is threatening to never be like it used to be so I kinda faded away from this place.

And at the same time I was asked to help out with the local Ducati club, so I'm working on it now, it's at www.desmosouthwest.com.

But don't worry. I'm still a fan of MV. The 750 was the bike I always wanted and still is. I'm not selling it! Heh. I still will take it to track days here and there, but I haven't done many in the last few years.

Thanks for the reply Allan. I also asked Steve (Renaissance) about when it would be here and what it would cost, and he said he just doesn't have much info on it yet. I've been over the website a few times so I see the tech details. But those don't always mean too much...

I am also interested in the F3, but the new F4 seems like the right bike at the right time (if it's indeed any good, which remains to be seen). I'm not sure I want a smaller 3 cylinder bike, but it does seem like a good idea in general. I still think the 750cc 4 cylinder and 1000cc twin is the perfect combination of power and handling, probably always will...

The thing I like about the new F4 is it looks like they've addressed some of the problems that I had with the original bike, which is weight, venting (cooling) and possibly seat comfort (just looking at the shape).

They also redesigned the star wheels, which is great because I always thought they were the best looking wheels ever put on a motorcycle.

I'm not huge on 1000cc 4 cylinder bikes, but I'd make an exception for this one I think. And the other new european ones.

It's a tough choice these days. The dealer has a red and gold 1198S, which is a great bike. He also has RSV4 Factory and R models. BMW is bringing the S1000RR, and KTM is supposedly going to actually bring over some RC8 bikes as well. That along with the MV means it's a good time to be a european bike fan. It's entirely possible that I'll pick up a BMW or Aprilia though, and maybe (finally) sell the 996, even though it's only a down payment on a new bike.

The 750 has just about 11,000 miles on it now. I take it on Sunday rides with the Ducati club mostly. I have a friend that I let ride the 998 so I'm on the MV. The 996 is still not really a good street bike (engine is too high strung) but I might turn it into one. The MV F4S 750 is still my favorite bike of all time, and it makes me smile every time I see it.

'01 F4S
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 09:48 AM

@ Allan , strange what you say about the price , when i look at autotrader , there are shop like forza italia etc .. adverting the new 2010 model for 14250 pounds . Where i live in Belgium will be around 15500€ , so that like in pounds in the UK.
Hope that you,re wrong.And that the price is what i indicate otherwise BMW will have the ball park for 2010 all for themselves
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Alan Cathcart writes up the new Brutales (with a glowing review!!!) in the current issue of Cycle News, as well as makes some comments about the state of MV Agusta post HD take-over and now sale.

He very clearly states the 675cc F3 is to be released as a 2011 model.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode