Old repeated subject, EXHAUSTS!!! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Old repeated subject, EXHAUSTS!!!

First, let me say I have done searches, read all the other posts, and dont other research online. So please dont bash for posting this up!

Ok, I want everyone's opinions on this. I am down to 3 differant exhaust choices to buy. I havent had the joy of hearing any of the exhausts live, only on youtube (or not at all). All 3 exhausts will be slip on with a non-cat midpipe and race ECU. This is what I am down to.
RG3 SLASH CUT - $1500
https://www.motovationusa.com/mvstor...?idproduct=587

MOTOCORSE SLASH CUT - $5600 (ouch)
http://www.vesuvioracing.com/4806/TI...CORSE-EVO.html

BODIS - $2550
http://www.vesuvioracing.com/2251/MV...-by-BODIS.html

So far on you tube I LOVE the sound of the BODIS, I havent heard many of the other ones. Maybe one or two videos of the RG3, but I havent heard any of the MOTOCORSE.

Basically what I want to know is your guys opinions on each one, sound, power, etc... If I go with the Ti pipes, they will stay natural, but if I go with the RG3, I will probably get them JET-HOT coated black.

Thanks guys.

Happiness is a belt fed weapon in a target rich enviroment!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 MV F4 1000R, 02 Ducati 998, 04 GSXR 1k Race bike, 97 KDX 220SR dirt bike, 05 Suzuki LTR450 quad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 06:18 PM
lee

I've had RG3's and MC Ti's. Sound wise very similar. Ditto power. I'd go with the RG's myself. Plus the RG chip isn't half bad just as it comes.
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Does the RG3 come with a chip? I didnt see anything about it on motovation's site.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 MV F4 1000R, 02 Ducati 998, 04 GSXR 1k Race bike, 97 KDX 220SR dirt bike, 05 Suzuki LTR450 quad
post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 06:53 PM
The Dude

moto corse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnyiIF3XkEU

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 06:55 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
You forgot the MV Corse titanium slip ons. By far the best look of all of them.
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 06:59 PM

The RG3s are the factory commissioned ones made by arrow. the tip change a little depending on the year (champaign, silver , slash cut style). IMO the Ti ones are t0o expensive and i'm not a huge fan of the bodis tubing. the sound out of the RG3's is louder but still at a good level that it doesn't cause complaints...
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoLunch View Post

Man, that video brought back alot of old/good memories. I used to ride/race Fuji when I lived in japan in the military. I got lucky and I rode both the old track and the new track, I still have my licenses for both (you need a seperate license for each track in Japan).

The straight on fuji was fun, but fuji was very dangerous even after the refurb. Suzuka was a blast, Motegi was butter smooth, but Tsukuba was the most fun. Its a super technical track, especially on a 1000cc bike.

post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

The MV Corse exhaust is nice (if its this one: http://www.mvagustausa.com/web-mvagu...anceparts.html) Does anyone know what the MV course exhausts run? Vesuvio dosent have them, under the MV Corse section it says INOX headers with RG3 pipe.

I am kind of leaning towards the RG3's with Bodis as a second choice. I like the Bodis more but for the cost of the Bodis I can get the RGs exhaust, full arrow headers and mid pipe, BMC airfilter, and ECU for close to the same amount.

post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 07:29 PM
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Man, that video brought back alot of old/good memories. I used to ride/race Fuji when I lived in japan in the military. I got lucky and I rode both the old track and the new track, I still have my licenses for both (you need a seperate license for each track in Japan).

The straight on fuji was fun, but fuji was very dangerous even after the refurb. Suzuka was a blast, Motegi was butter smooth, but Tsukuba was the most fun. Its a super technical track, especially on a 1000cc bike.

cool man.... I have yet to do Suzuka. I did do Autopolis which is my favorite so far, that track was great. Fuji is meant for cars, but I still enjoy it on the F4. Tsukuba I've gone to a few times recently, thinking to buy a 600 and keep it there now. It is quite fun, couple corners aren't terribly safe, but still a great circuit.

give me a shout if you come back this way.....

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoLunch View Post
cool man.... I have yet to do Suzuka. I did do Autopolis which is my favorite so far, that track was great. Fuji is meant for cars, but I still enjoy it on the F4. Tsukuba I've gone to a few times recently, thinking to buy a 600 and keep it there now. It is quite fun, couple corners aren't terribly safe, but still a great circuit.

give me a shout if you come back this way.....

You didnt happen to race your MV at fuji back in the day or be a member of the forum Gaijinriders.com did you? There is a possibility I knew you or ride with you at some point. How long you been in Tokyo?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode