'maximum' tire pressure? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

'maximum' tire pressure?

would anyone know what's the maximum pressure the tires can safely be set at? i want to set the pressure at a higher level so that the tires wouldn't flat-spot. i would also move it to a different spot every couple of weeks.

i have been lazy to get two (front and back) stands; space has been a problem as well.

thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 05:32 PM
The Dude

shouldn't that number be on the sidewall of the tire? usually I see 42psi or so.

I'm interested to hear comments about needing to move the bike in order to avoid a 'flat spot'.... ? (i don't move mine much if i'm not riding, sometimes a couple months at a time.)

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoLunch View Post
shouldn't that number be on the sidewall of the tire? usually I see 42psi or so.

I'm interested to hear comments about needing to move the bike in order to avoid a 'flat spot'.... ? (i don't move mine much if i'm not riding, sometimes a couple months at a time.)
thanks, dude. i will check the sidewall (should have checked before asking). if you aren't riding for a couple of months, i am assuming you have a trickle charger for the battery?

other alternative to moving could be resting on pieces of soft stuff like carpet, i think.

thanks.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 06:15 PM
lee

Wink

Flat spots aren't permanent. They'll thump their way out after awhile. Good way to check your suspension settings in the spring.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 06:32 PM
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry-a View Post
thanks, dude. i will check the sidewall (should have checked before asking). if you aren't riding for a couple of months, i am assuming you have a trickle charger for the battery?

other alternative to moving could be resting on pieces of soft stuff like carpet, i think.

thanks.

Yes, I have an Optimate for charging the MVs and lately a friends racing Ducati. Just move it around every week or so. My FJR seems to not care about how long it sits....never needed battery attention! (knock on wood)

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 06:36 PM

Just remember when you take the bike out because it will turn in like nothing with high tire pressure.

B750 and B1078 RR both gone now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."~Mark Twain
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee View Post
Flat spots aren't permanent. They'll thump their way out after awhile. Good way to check your suspension settings in the spring.
agree! :-)
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdamb View Post
Just remember when you take the bike out because it will turn in like nothing with high tire pressure.
no, i wouldn't forget to set the right pressure in spring. i am pretty about anal about these things!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Banned

remember pressures rise and fall with temperatures

best advice would still be to buy front & rear stand, not too expensive and better than having bike sitting on the side stand
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Good, Bad, & Ugly View Post
remember pressures rise and fall with temperatures

best advice would still be to buy front & rear stand, not too expensive and better than having bike sitting on the side stand
the bike is stored in a heated garage; so, there is no temperature variation. you are right; i do need to get front and rear stands!!

thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode