MV Corse Helmets and/or Covers for Limiteds? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
Formerly WYD OPN

MV Corse Helmets and/or Covers for Limiteds?

Besides the Veltros, which MV F4 Limiteds had matching helmets/covers from MV Corse?
What is current availability? (Yes, I'm aware AlkaDesign can paint some up!)

EDIT: Oh... And Jackets?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by VELTRO 1; 12-14-2009 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Forgot to include Jackets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 01:22 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
There was an AGO helmet, and the AGO came with a matching cover. As you know I sold my AGO but I did manage to find an additional brand new cover for it, and used the stock one. I've seen the helmet in Taiwan, beautiful looking thing
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
Formerly WYD OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
There was an AGO helmet, and the AGO came with a matching cover. As you know I sold my AGO but I did manage to find an additional brand new cover for it, and used the stock one. I've seen the helmet in Taiwan, beautiful looking thing
I'm anxious to see all the helmets/covers. Is the AGO cover unique to the AGO? AGO jacket, by any chance?

The Tambo came with a cover, but I don't yet know if it was unique or standard. I'm almost sure there was a Tambo helmet. Jacket??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 03:08 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYD OPN View Post
Besides the Veltros, which MV F4 Limiteds had matching helmets/covers from MV Corse?
What is current availability? (Yes, I'm aware AlkaDesign can paint some up!)

EDIT: Oh... And Jackets?
There were quite a few models made by Arai a few years ago, but very hard to come by now. Ask Jay of Vesuvio and/or browse the internet.

The AGO replica is now made by AGV as a TiTech (I've got one and it's a thing of beauty), but the TiTech is now a run-out model. Arai made the AGO before.

Nulla tenaci invia est via
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 03:40 AM

the MV Corse helmets are:
Mamba, America, CRC, Corse, Tamburini, Ago & Gladio. These were made in limited editions and could also have the owners name and number of the bike. They were Arai helmets.

There is also the Ago full face from a few years ago by either AGV or Arai.

Finally the Ago by Davida. They also do helmets worn by other racers.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 05:01 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF4Black View Post
There were quite a few models made by Arai a few years ago, but very hard to come by now. Ask Jay of Vesuvio and/or browse the internet.

The AGO replica is now made by AGV as a TiTech (I've got one and it's a thing of beauty), but the TiTech is now a run-out model. Arai made the AGO before.
Yes I ride in The Ti Tech as well & it is lovely. In fact, there is a new Ago coming out in 2010 from AGV I saw some promo pics & it looks cool.

I think WYD OPN is talking about specific built models to match the bikes. The AGO helmets don't fit that genre. X-lite also made a an AGO but I wasn't fond of it & it's now ceased production (I understand).

As for the Arai, here is an AGO one from 1999 next to the AGV of 2009. The Arai still looks friggin cool 10 years later, that's my ceremonial helmet because it carries the insginia "To my friend" - signed by Ago in 2000, so I don't like bugs hitting it.

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
Yes I ride in The Ti Tech as well & it is lovely. In fact, there is a new Ago coming out in 2010 from AGV I saw some promo pics & it looks cool.

I think WYD OPN is talking about specific built models to match the bikes. The AGO helmets don't fit that genre. X-lite also made a an AGO but I wasn't fond of it & it's now ceased production (I understand).

As for the Arai, here is an AGO one from 1999 next to the AGV of 2009. The Arai still looks friggin cool 10 years later, that's my ceremonial helmet because it carries the insginia "To my friend" - signed by Ago in 2000, so I don't like bugs hitting it.

Those flys have nerves..... , idd still nice after 10 years
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Formerly WYD OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmevi125s View Post
the MV Corse helmets are:
Mamba, America, CRC, Corse, Tamburini, Ago & Gladio. These were made in limited editions and could also have the owners name and number of the bike. They were Arai helmets.

There is also the Ago full face from a few years ago by either AGV or Arai.

Finally the Ago by Davida. They also do helmets worn by other racers.
It sounds like getting any of these is going to be a difficult task, which was expected. I just wanted to be sure I was looking for items that actually existed.

For the F4, it looks like:
Mamba
Tamburini
Corse
Ago

America, CRC, Gladio for B4.

Thanx.

Covers? Jackets? Anyone...

post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 08:46 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYD OPN View Post
It sounds like getting any of these is going to be a difficult task, which was expected. I just wanted to be sure I was looking for items that actually existed.

For the F4, it looks like:
Mamba
Tamburini
Corse
Ago

America, CRC, Gladio for B4.

Thanx.

Covers? Jackets? Anyone...
There's a Corse one in XXL at DipiMoto. I'm sure Bas won't mind if you take it off his hands...

If you wish to give the helmet collection the most authentic look (I've assumed they're not necessarily for wearing), the Arai or X-Lite AGO might be more fitting than the AGV. IMHO.

Nulla tenaci invia est via
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Formerly WYD OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF4Black View Post
There's a Corse one in XXL at DipiMoto. I'm sure Bas won't mind if you take it off his hands...

If you wish to give the helmet collection the most authentic look (I've assumed they're not necessarily for wearing), the Arai or X-Lite AGO might be more fitting than the AGV. IMHO.
Great, as I need to follow-up my e-mail to dipi. I wish importing bikes was like shipping accessories!

You're correct. The helmets won't be worn. Thanx, Mike.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode