MV Corse Helmets and/or Covers for Limiteds? - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
Formerly WYD OPN
 
VELTRO 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Champaign, IL, USA
Posts: 2,150
MV Corse Helmets and/or Covers for Limiteds?

Besides the Veltros, which MV F4 Limiteds had matching helmets/covers from MV Corse?
What is current availability? (Yes, I'm aware AlkaDesign can paint some up!)

EDIT: Oh... And Jackets?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by VELTRO 1; 12-14-2009 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Forgot to include Jackets
VELTRO 1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 01:22 AM
Administrator
 
alvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California, US
Posts: 8,856
Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
There was an AGO helmet, and the AGO came with a matching cover. As you know I sold my AGO but I did manage to find an additional brand new cover for it, and used the stock one. I've seen the helmet in Taiwan, beautiful looking thing
alvin is offline  
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
Formerly WYD OPN
 
VELTRO 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Champaign, IL, USA
Posts: 2,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
There was an AGO helmet, and the AGO came with a matching cover. As you know I sold my AGO but I did manage to find an additional brand new cover for it, and used the stock one. I've seen the helmet in Taiwan, beautiful looking thing
I'm anxious to see all the helmets/covers. Is the AGO cover unique to the AGO? AGO jacket, by any chance?

The Tambo came with a cover, but I don't yet know if it was unique or standard. I'm almost sure there was a Tambo helmet. Jacket??


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
VELTRO 1 is offline  
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 03:08 AM
Senior Member
 
MikeF4Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 3,111
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYD OPN View Post
Besides the Veltros, which MV F4 Limiteds had matching helmets/covers from MV Corse?
What is current availability? (Yes, I'm aware AlkaDesign can paint some up!)

EDIT: Oh... And Jackets?
There were quite a few models made by Arai a few years ago, but very hard to come by now. Ask Jay of Vesuvio and/or browse the internet.

The AGO replica is now made by AGV as a TiTech (I've got one and it's a thing of beauty), but the TiTech is now a run-out model. Arai made the AGO before.

Nulla tenaci invia est via
MikeF4Black is offline  
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 03:40 AM
Senior Member
 
emmevi125s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,762
the MV Corse helmets are:
Mamba, America, CRC, Corse, Tamburini, Ago & Gladio. These were made in limited editions and could also have the owners name and number of the bike. They were Arai helmets.

There is also the Ago full face from a few years ago by either AGV or Arai.

Finally the Ago by Davida. They also do helmets worn by other racers.
emmevi125s is offline  
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 05:01 AM
Cyber SPOTTER
 
MVista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Australia, NSW
Posts: 6,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF4Black View Post
There were quite a few models made by Arai a few years ago, but very hard to come by now. Ask Jay of Vesuvio and/or browse the internet.

The AGO replica is now made by AGV as a TiTech (I've got one and it's a thing of beauty), but the TiTech is now a run-out model. Arai made the AGO before.
Yes I ride in The Ti Tech as well & it is lovely. In fact, there is a new Ago coming out in 2010 from AGV I saw some promo pics & it looks cool.

I think WYD OPN is talking about specific built models to match the bikes. The AGO helmets don't fit that genre. X-lite also made a an AGO but I wasn't fond of it & it's now ceased production (I understand).

As for the Arai, here is an AGO one from 1999 next to the AGV of 2009. The Arai still looks friggin cool 10 years later, that's my ceremonial helmet because it carries the insginia "To my friend" - signed by Ago in 2000, so I don't like bugs hitting it.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVista is offline  
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 05:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Greny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: France
Posts: 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
Yes I ride in The Ti Tech as well & it is lovely. In fact, there is a new Ago coming out in 2010 from AGV I saw some promo pics & it looks cool.

I think WYD OPN is talking about specific built models to match the bikes. The AGO helmets don't fit that genre. X-lite also made a an AGO but I wasn't fond of it & it's now ceased production (I understand).

As for the Arai, here is an AGO one from 1999 next to the AGV of 2009. The Arai still looks friggin cool 10 years later, that's my ceremonial helmet because it carries the insginia "To my friend" - signed by Ago in 2000, so I don't like bugs hitting it.

Those flys have nerves..... , idd still nice after 10 years
Greny is offline  
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Formerly WYD OPN
 
VELTRO 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Champaign, IL, USA
Posts: 2,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmevi125s View Post
the MV Corse helmets are:
Mamba, America, CRC, Corse, Tamburini, Ago & Gladio. These were made in limited editions and could also have the owners name and number of the bike. They were Arai helmets.

There is also the Ago full face from a few years ago by either AGV or Arai.

Finally the Ago by Davida. They also do helmets worn by other racers.
It sounds like getting any of these is going to be a difficult task, which was expected. I just wanted to be sure I was looking for items that actually existed.

For the F4, it looks like:
Mamba
Tamburini
Corse
Ago

America, CRC, Gladio for B4.

Thanx.

Covers? Jackets? Anyone...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
VELTRO 1 is offline  
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 08:46 AM
Senior Member
 
MikeF4Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 3,111
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYD OPN View Post
It sounds like getting any of these is going to be a difficult task, which was expected. I just wanted to be sure I was looking for items that actually existed.

For the F4, it looks like:
Mamba
Tamburini
Corse
Ago

America, CRC, Gladio for B4.

Thanx.

Covers? Jackets? Anyone...
There's a Corse one in XXL at DipiMoto. I'm sure Bas won't mind if you take it off his hands...

If you wish to give the helmet collection the most authentic look (I've assumed they're not necessarily for wearing), the Arai or X-Lite AGO might be more fitting than the AGV. IMHO.

Nulla tenaci invia est via
MikeF4Black is offline  
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Formerly WYD OPN
 
VELTRO 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Champaign, IL, USA
Posts: 2,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF4Black View Post
There's a Corse one in XXL at DipiMoto. I'm sure Bas won't mind if you take it off his hands...

If you wish to give the helmet collection the most authentic look (I've assumed they're not necessarily for wearing), the Arai or X-Lite AGO might be more fitting than the AGV. IMHO.
Great, as I need to follow-up my e-mail to dipi. I wish importing bikes was like shipping accessories!

You're correct. The helmets won't be worn. Thanx, Mike.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
VELTRO 1 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome