Newbie reliability question - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
Question Newbie reliability question

Hello everyone, this is my first post on mvagusta.net.

I'm considering buying a new F41000 and from a riding point-of-view I'm quite adaptable, so I can cope with weird mirrors, hard seats and all the other complaints that the media direct towards the F4. I don't do trackdays, motorways, pillions, touring or shopping, my motorcycling is strictly fast flowing road rides.

But, and this is a big but, breakdowns are a no-no for me. I don't mind minor malfunctions and recalls but anything that causes the bike to stop on the road will kill it for me.

So how often (if at all) does your fully maintained F4 go wrong, and how long does it take to fix it ?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 05:17 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino Rossi
Hello everyone, this is my first post on mvagusta.net.

I'm considering buying a new F41000 and from a riding point-of-view I'm quite adaptable, so I can cope with weird mirrors, hard seats and all the other complaints that the media direct towards the F4. I don't do trackdays, motorways, pillions, touring or shopping, my motorcycling is strictly fast flowing road rides.

But, and this is a big but, breakdowns are a no-no for me. I don't mind minor malfunctions and recalls but anything that causes the bike to stop on the road will kill it for me.

So how often (if at all) does your fully maintained F4 go wrong, and how long does it take to fix it ?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
It's a lot more reliable than your current M1

btw I'm Mick Doohan, how do you do
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 05:17 AM
Established Member

How long is a piece of string? My bike has never even hiccupped and if it did so what the bike is worth any problems it'll throw at me. I honestly could not see any other bike on the market that offers what this machine has i had a twelve grand budget and boy did we look, but my money went on the MV F4 1000. Best thing i ever did.
Alex
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 05:19 AM
Established Member

Oh Bollox i've just been aaaaaaarrrrg taken for a ride?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 05:56 AM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptile
It's a lot more reliable than your current M1

btw I'm Mick Doohan, how do you do
Ha ha ha...Fantastic reply!!!
bye
Niky hayden

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 06:00 AM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
Well,without jokes,you must know that if you buy an MV,you will have FOR EVER money in garege.
You will have the Ferrari of bikes!And dont worry for problems,all it will be resolved
Believe me..Buy it!
Pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 08:17 AM

Hello, I have had my mv for 3.5 years. It a 750 F4. 18000km. The only problems I had was from the dealers over here. They just dont care about the product. Wish I could buy the wrights to import them. I ride my bike on very fast roads. Done a couple of race tracks. Even a drag once, just for fun. It has never left me on the road. Well once. But that was the front tyre that collapsed. I think the bike just needs to be serviced properly. A good dealer is always good to have.

Dani Padrosa
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 08:27 AM

It's not the reliability that's the problem. I don't see why they should be any more or less unreliable than a Japanese motorcycle. The problem comes when it does let you down, how long you have to wait for, or how much you have to pay for, parts.

Barry Sheene
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Thanks for your reply Dani, it's just the lind of feedback I'm looking for. I don't buy motorcycles to look at, or as an investment, I'm only interested in riding. And Barry I agree that an MV shouldn't be any less reliable than a Japanese machine but the purpose of my question was to try and find out if this is the case; have you had problems with your MV F4 ?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 09:23 AM

There have been problems that have caused people to stop on the road. Honestly, I don't think it's any more likely than your average Japanese bike, though.

Mine stopped because of the dreaded fuel line coming off in the tank problem, which I believe they have fixed by now. But I did have to tow it home for that.

I have probably 2000 track miles on mine (or so) and no major problems. This is an '01 750.

There was that problem with engines letting go on a few F41000s bikes, but the new R shouldn't have that problem.

Andy Ruhl (ME! #17 Expert racer but definitely no Rossi! Heh!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode