Fuel Connectors F4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Fuel Connectors F4

New to MV,s, is it common for the plastic quick release connectors to crack and drop fuel all over the Motor. Is there a factory directive in regard to this. This bike I have is plated 02 and a Senna with only 80klms on the clock. How many have burnt without the owners knowing why????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 11:05 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Welcome Peter. May I suggest using the search function above. Use the keywords from your post and you should find what you're looking for.
In summary it is uncommon. Normally due to careless fuel tank removal. Metal replacements are available from sources such as ebay.com
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

As tank never off previously, 80klms only and only Tank only removed due to noticeable fuel leakage. Found both lines held together by white zip tie, most likely factory. I believe lines hardening and the stress they place on the very thin wall of the fittings causes them to crack through in the thinnest section. The Gold Coast distributor has mentioned they have sold several and had new plastic items in stock, at a bargain price of $250 the pair. This made me realise they must be selling several to keep them on the shelf. I had asked in regards to a metal replacement, but he had no knowlege. Thanks for the heads up, i will now try and aquire a better quality set
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 11:22 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 12:11 AM

Welcome Peter - you should only require the male metal connectors. The female (which fit ito the tank and coloured black & white) don't normally give problems.
For your information, a few years ago my new Triumph Sprint had the plastic connectors fitted standard from the factory and one broke within 2 weeks of delivery.....

Nil desperandum bastardo carburundum !!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 12:58 AM
I'd change both (male and female) just to be on the safe side

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gardiner View Post
The Gold Coast distributor has mentioned they have sold several and had new plastic items in stock, at a bargain price of $250 the pair.
Hi Peter, and welcome.
Yeah, Paul Feeney want's an arm and half a leg for those, but you do get the fuel line as well! I ended up buying metal ones through fleabay for about $30 aus and then a few dollars for some new fuel line. Sorted.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 06:59 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gardiner View Post
As tank never off previously, 80klms only and only Tank only removed due to noticeable fuel leakage. Found both lines held together by white zip tie, most likely factory.
Nope, you are wrong there....someone had the tank off, for whatever reason, and broke them. Could have happened during initial prep for delivery by the selling dealer.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 10:13 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Nope, you are wrong there....someone had the tank off, for whatever reason, and broke them. Could have happened during initial prep for delivery by the selling dealer.
Correct. The factory uses black zip ties.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 04:55 PM

They actual connectors are used by several manufacturers (Triumph, Ducati....). Usually if there is fuel leaking it is the little o ring in the connector. This is only if you have taken the tank off though. I saw a couple of bikes in a workshop and both had cable ties at the neck of the connector.
I have taken these connectors out on a Ducati about 40 times with no problem at all. They seem(ed) pretty sturdy. However I got a new one and the connector hose and o ring broke first time I took them out. No idea why.

If Ducati bought MV then Rossi could finish his career on a Ducati and then go to WSB on an MV. We Wish......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode