Cored Exhaust Project - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Cored Exhaust Project

Ok so I need something to work on during the off season.

I bought a spare set of stock exhausts just for fun and plan to mod it. If it doesn't work out it's no big deal. I see it as a fun project. I read a few threads about cored exhausts. Some were a little old so I though it might be good (or not ) to bring the topic back from the dead. Maybe people who have done it can share their experiences and how they did it. I'm trying to find the best way to do it.

Oh yeah this is the sound I'd like to get:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_s_B5Afv6U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZbON...eature=related

__

MV F4 1000 S Red/Silver
HUSABERG FS 570

Last edited by Timster; 11-29-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Established Member

I did my own spare exhausts with decent results.

You start by removing the end cans and cutting the welds that hold on the end can stubs. You can then start on the mid pipe baffles using a dremel and a lot of patience,before re welding the stubs back on.

To sort the end cans you will need some baffle tubing and packing. I made some nice cones to fit into the back of the cans to direct the gases from the mid pipe through the cans. Then just re rivet back on.

I gained a little power at the top end but gained a stutter mid range. A power commander sorted the fueling. The noise was lovely, hope your neighbours are deaf!

If you want to do something different make up your own carbon end cans with some nice billet ends! I did and was asked everywhere I went where I bought them!

Have fun.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 11:41 AM
Established Member

I bet that guys neighbours love him

I know mind love me when I set of to work at 5:30 in the morning
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

i don't think they can hear me with the new york traffic & noise

__

MV F4 1000 S Red/Silver
HUSABERG FS 570
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Is the gazman mod the way to go??? Anybody tried it?

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...ust+mod&page=4

__

MV F4 1000 S Red/Silver
HUSABERG FS 570
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Established Member

Send a message via MSN to Mr. F4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timster View Post
Is the gazman mod the way to go??? Anybody tried it?

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...ust+mod&page=4
Seeing as i have gazman's old ride to which he did this mod i can say first hand that the sound of the exhaust is amazing and as he points out...LOUDER THAN ALL THE DUCATI'S GETTING AROUND! haha. I'll see if i can post a vid later.

1989 Suzuki GSX-R250R
2007 Aprilia RS125
2004 MV Agusta F41000S 1+1
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. F4 View Post
. I'll see if i can post a vid later.
please do.

__

MV F4 1000 S Red/Silver
HUSABERG FS 570
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungle View Post
........................ The noise was lovely, hope your neighbours are deaf!
LOL.....I have straight through pipes & I have GP earplugs ( I scored like a million of them from the Williams GP team a few years ago in Melbourne when I was one of their guests) to wear when I ride, I am, riding m,y luck and in a way waiting to get defected & put off the road but so far I have had a couple cops smile at me & give me tacit (unofficial) approval of the sound

As for my neighbours, I have an 80yo Greek guy on one side & a 75yo Scilian chap on the other. Both deaf as door posts & it's a match made in heaven.

Funny though, if our house alarm goes off they hear it in a second day or night - sixth sense maybe? PERFECT NEIGHBOURS & they are not for sale!

Back to the topic, whatever you do to those pipes, my advice is just make them loud enough to raise the dead - you only live once

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 07:57 PM

I have a spare set of pipes for the 312R to which I will do the same mod again, I'm just worried about the neighbours and what they will think after I have done it - this time I will drill bigger holes for more noise on track days!!! HE HE HE!!!

Also I will change the tips to something i saw on here!! Cut off tips from an auto supplier I think they were they were much shorter with a slight bend at the end - just loved the look it was in a post that was predicting (or trying to!) what the new F4 would look like!

Does anyone remember that post??

MV Agusta 1000S 1+1 (2004); Suzuki GSXR 600 (2005); Honda CB750; Honda CB175; BSA 350 (1939) ;
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazman View Post
I have a spare set of pipes for the 312R to which I will do the same mod again, I'm just worried about the neighbours and what they will think after I have done it - this time I will drill bigger holes for more noise on track days!!! HE HE HE!!!

Also I will change the tips to something i saw on here!! Cut off tips from an auto supplier I think they were they were much shorter with a slight bend at the end - just loved the look it was in a post that was predicting (or trying to!) what the new F4 would look like!

Does anyone remember that post??
i'm trying to get a sense of the increased sound and how many holes i should drill. Do you have some videos?

__

MV F4 1000 S Red/Silver
HUSABERG FS 570

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode