TPS reset? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

TPS reset?

My nearest dealer is 2.5 hrs away, and they are going out of business. Arranging service is becoming challenging. Is it possible to reset my TPS at home? Pull the battery mabye? Would any other brand of dealer have the necessary equipment if I can't do it myself?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 08:33 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Better talk to Lee. The king of the TPS.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 09:23 PM

TPS reset is quick and easy but you need the vdsts software, it literaly takes a couple of minutes. I would contact any local area .net guys and see if anyone in your area has one. If you where in northern CA I would be happy to do it for you...
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 09:54 PM

it can also be done with a voltmeter and by following the procedure in the FAQ. It's a bit of a finicky process, but totally do-able. An extra set of hands helps.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 09:22 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Don't most Ducati dealers have the VDSTS program?

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 10:20 AM
lee

The procedure for setting the TPS is extremely well described in the MV Faq blog. All you need to find out is the angle on the TB plates for your particular ECU at idle and fully closed. On mine I have the 16m ECU which requires 150mv with the plates fully closed (slightly sticking in the throats and off the idle stop screw) and 335-355 mv at idle which will equate to 1100-1200 rpm which you set with the idle stop screw. The 150mv is the key number as the ECU references that for all other throttle positions in order to give the proper CO-A/F. You can set the idle reading wherever you want to get the rpm you like as long as the 150mv is set. If your ECU is other than a 16m then 150mv may not be correct and you'll have to get that number. Guys in here will know.

Read the blog (google mv faq and find it). It will tell you how to completely set up the TB's from balancing all four to setting the CO pot in the ECU. If you have that style ECU. All you need is a multimeter, an 8mm socket and a flat blade screwdriver. If you tweak the CO pot you'll need a CO meter or A/F ratio gauge. And the guts to go in there and mess with it, which is the hardest part. No, hold that. The hardest part is disassembling the whole friggin' bike to get at the adjustments other than the TPS. It's just sitting there waiting for you on the right side of the TB's.

I've put some posts in the perf section about my excursion into this territory if you want to read them.

I am not the "king" of tps. Just an anal idiot. There are others on here who deserve that title way more than I.

I got mine. Boy do I ever got mine.

Last edited by lee; 11-27-2009 at 10:25 AM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 02:02 PM

Lee, there is no setting procedure for a 1000R TPS except through the software, the potentiometer does'nt even have any slots to set it with on anything with the later ecu, sorry, it's the vdsts or nothing

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 02:21 PM
lee

Didn't realize it was a 1000R or that it couldn't be meggered with unless one had the tool. Told you I wasn't the TPS guy. There's something to be said for the older stuff after all.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee View Post
Didn't realize it was a 1000R or that it couldn't be meggered with unless one had the tool. Told you I wasn't the TPS guy. There's something to be said for the older stuff after all.
Lee, you could always get an old Triumph with those carburettor things and points and dizzy's and stuff!! at least it was always fixable

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 06:09 PM
lee

Actually I'd prefer a DBD34 Goldie. NOT the one in Mike's shed thank you very much.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode