color code for f4 1000s frame,help! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

color code for f4 1000s frame,help!

I've been trying and trying... I know that palinal is a italian company that paints for mv agusta.. Thay say palinal 211xh893.. But in the u.s.a. no such thing.. So i got a nexa dealer that will make for me. But the problem is its a frame and wheel color ppg 954644. Which is a 2002 f4s evo wheel and frame color... Will this work it looks like the same? If not how much darker?? I tried getting it from england but customs returned it... Problemssss.any help would be good..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Find a high end auto body repair shop (like that repairs Porsche and Lambos and such)...they should be able to make paint to match any car...even after UV fade. A good body shop will make their own paint and could care less about any color codes.

I know of one in the Atlanta GA area, but I am sure you can find one near you. Just ask the exotic car guys.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

How are thay going to scan it? You need 6 inch's of flat area to scan. The frame is curved.. Also i don't want someone to eye a color on a mv.. Also to much hassle.. I'd rather do it.. Anyone?
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Don't ask me....my body shop matched my Brutale frame perfectly. I don't think a good painter needs that much flat area. Also touched up the engine case perfectly.

Remember, the guys that repair Ferrari's have very particular clientele to satisfy. They had better be good or they won't be in business long.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)

Last edited by esq'z me; 11-23-2009 at 10:34 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Your right. It's just here in michigan we got snow. and we ride only 6 or 7 month's here. Also it was going to be a winter project for me. Is the 2002 f4 evo wheel color the same as the 1000s frame color??
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 07:03 AM

i'd say yeah. i remember the frame getting darker with the R models. if you're getting the entire frame done, it won't matter if it's a hair off...which even if you had the EXACT color, it would be anyway. plus, most of the f4 frame is covered up. in other words, not a biggie to stress over if you're not perfect.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks style one!! You've been on this board for a while..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode