MV Agusta Forum banner

F4 Testarossa?

5K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  style_one 
#1 ·
Given that the heads of the new engine are red, why not name this model F4 Testarossa? Too much of a Ferrari rip off?

Vehicle Automotive design Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

(Testarossa in Italian means Redhead)

See less See more
#5 ·
The Brutale R's have had red covers since 910R as a nod to the Ferrari designed heads.

As for using the name Testar Rosa not sure how Ferrari would take that. I’m not sure of the complete history here, I guess some of the classic guys can help out, but back in the late 70’s early 80’s Ferrari did threaten legal action when the old MV company called their 850 bike the Boxer. MV eventually backed down and named it Monza instead.

That could change of cause if Fiat/Ferrari took over MV.

#8 ·
For what it's worth:

Testa = Head
Rossa = Red
Testarossa = Readhead

The term Testarossa originated in the 1950's when Ferrari colored the cylinder heads with red aluminum wrinkle paint and named the car Testarossa.
Vehicle Engine Car Auto part Rocker cover

Of course this is widely imitated today.

The F4 logo is derived from the Ferrari logo, making reference to the Ferrari-derived radial valve design of modern MV engines.
Font Logo
Text Font Logo Graphics Brand

Vehicle Car Auto part Hood Supercar

#11 · (Edited)
For what it's worth:

Testa = Head
Rossa = Red
Testarossa = Readhead

The term Testarossa originated in the 1950's when Ferrari colored the cylinder heads with red aluminum wrinkle paint and named the car Testarossa.
Not to pick the fly shit out of the pepper.........but no it didn't. The original Testa Rossa was two words. Thirty four 250TRs were built from 1956 thru 1961. Not until the 1984 reincarnation was the name Testarossa born.

BTW, my Maranello has red cam covers, but you can hardly see them for the fuel injection manifolds.

#16 ·
Why not just call it the F4 Red head?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.