New to Forum and future MV rider - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

New to Forum and future MV rider

Hi all. I've been lurking around the forums for awhile and wanted to say Hi. I was hoping some of you might be able to help w/ some questions.

My current ride is an 04 Aprilia RSV. I'ts been a good bike but, I think it's time for a new one. I'm seriously looking at an MV F4-1000. I'm thinking the new 1000r and mybe if I'm lucky, a Senna. However, Im waiting for a purchase of new home to go thru first, so the wife say I gotta wait a few months.

So in the mean time I was trying to to determine if this bike has any "recurring issues" For example, the newer RSV's are notorious for clutch and rear break issues. I've dealt with those but, I'm now doing battle with an electrical gremlin that I havent been able to put to rest.

I've done a lot of checking but havent really found any repeating issues here in forum, except for a couple of water pump leaks?? So I'm wondering what the F4-1000 is like on the maintenance side. I'm figuring I'd be doing all my service at the MV dealer here in Los Angeles cause I have a tendency to make things worse when I work on them.

Thanks in advance and I soon hope to join ya'll on a new MV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 07:16 PM
The Dude

welcome Mr. Feetz. I'm sure there's a story with that somewhere....i'll wait for it on the other thread....

recurring issues....well, yeah, some leaky pumps, the odd snatchy throttle..... nothing to worry too much about.

good luck with the house! Hope to see new pics of your bike sometime soon....!

-colin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode