I need help desperately !!!! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Exclamation I need help desperately !!!!

I am in love with another women!
I just took out my new Senna yesterday and today and all I can say is damn, what an amazing bike.
I planned to go out yesterday around 9:30 and meet a friend for lunch…but I was so giddy with excitement, nervousness (I never have owned a bike this fast or powerful and worth so much) I felt like a kid in candy store, I woke up at 5:30 am and couldn’t go back to sleep.
I got on the computer and played around…either on this forum or watching rides on utube. Unfortunately, I saw some crashes..some the rider couldn’t help and some that were very very stupid. However it made me a little more nervous before I went out..something that I shouldn’t have done..again living the stupid dream. I also read the owner manual again very careful to pass the time, but I learned about the digital dash had some additional screen functions (like multiple trip computers, time clock that I need to figure out how take out of 24 hour time and a chrono for track day).
Well, it is time and after eating an egg and cheese breakfast sandwich..I suit up (it was 50 degrees). Every layer I put on, I felt like a fighter pilot suiting up to do something special..and special the ride was!
I checked the tire pressures, perfectly y set to 33psi, the suspension was set up by FBF when they checked it out, and off and running at 9:30am.
I was so nervous taking off that I almost pee'd in my riding pants! However I just calmed down and focused, as I am smart enough and been riding long enough to know that if I didn’t, I would be riding mindless and something is going to go wrong. I went to get gas as the light was on, which went easy as pie and I reset trip 1 to figure out how much gas lasts on this bike. I took off towards New Hope through back roads that were narrow and wide, short and long with quick 10mph turns and longer 50 mph sweepers. Roads with a brand new surface and some with bumps, cracks and plenty of stuff that can make a bike go jump. I did a u-turn at New Hope and made it down back to Yardley and on the highway through 295 to Desimeone Powersports to flex the bikes wings and see if there was any last minute apparel deals. After the dealership I went to have lunch in Lambertville, NJ with my friend (BMW) and got gas on the way when the light went on. The tank lasted only 112 miles for 4.2 gallons at fill up. I can see the frustration with Ducati 1098/1198(S) riders with their small tanks, would annoy the hell out of me , which i am glad i didn't buy (Allen is going to blast me ). I made it home around 3pm…gave a huge kiss and hug to my 3 yr old daughter and beautiful wife and said honey “you have some competition!” She responded with ”who?”

I said “Her name is… ENVY
Everything that MV Agusta and Senna stand for is enveloped in this bike..fast, predictable, stable, amazing and totally irresistible to stop staring at her day and night.
So here are some thoughts of the bike:
- The bike rides warm which was a pleasure on this cold day, keeping my but warm, however in summer I am sure it is going to be hot
- Low center of gravity making it harder to turn in the local twisties (the duc is better for this), but on the long sweepers it is beautifully balanced
- The suspension is perfect and I mean perfect
- The engine is to die for with such progressive power that had no hesitation and so linear with no stopping it, made it amazing. I didn’t touch redline, but reached over 11k rpm to understand the possibilities
- The pegs could use some rubber for better feel, instead of the aluminum ones
- The brake and clutch pedal could be extended for my size 12 boots would be nice, even though I played with the settings a little
- My helmet starts to lift at 85mph, so either I need a zero gravity windshield or I need the new helmet OR I need to tuck even lower into the tank
- I noticed that the more I use my trunk muscles and push the steering forward instead of pushing down on the grips, the easier it is to turn…ride her like a jockey and she sings like Christina Aguilera (a favorite singer…don't know if it is her music or her body)
Things I would like to add:
- I could use bar risers – maybe FBF as they are local and can’t see any reason to not to
- Maybe a mid pipe to clear the faint gurgles and allow freer throw exhaust and cooler to run
- An Ade seat so I do not ruin the OEM one with some additional padding and maybe a wider seat pan as I am 6’3/250lbs
- A throttlemeister for stretches of highway - is this not MV etiquette or do people do this?
- If I had money, maybe an RG3 for some additional sound (quite compared to my Ducati with Term's)
- Why anything else? No reason for color touches, additional suspension components or engine mods, especially on this edition bike.
My other bike is a 2004 Ducati ST4S ABS in the Senna color with full heated grips, throttlemeister, hard bags and corbin seat with backrest for my “sport touring” bike and she is also amazing..so I feel like I have the best Senna’s in the world a Ducati and a MV…maybe the Senna foundation should be paying me as I think I am should start a collection of these editions among bike manufactures
My back didn’t hurt as expected, except my left elbow and upper back muscles felt a little sore this morning.
Thanks again everyone for being a great close nit forum and all I have to say is “Keep MV running like MV deserves to run…with passion from its dealers, passion from its manufacture (CC) and passion the bikes stir within their riders.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Established Member

Kid in a candy shop comes to mind.

Your bike looks amazing, very beautiful, safe riding Envy!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 05:15 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by csimon View Post
The tank lasted only 112 miles for 4.2 gallons at fill up.
- The bike rides warm which was a pleasure on this cold day, keeping my but warm, however in summer I am sure it is going to be hot
- The pegs could use some rubber for better feel, instead of the aluminum ones
- My helmet starts to lift at 85mph, so either I need a zero gravity windshield or I need the new helmet OR I need to tuck even lower into the tank
- I could use bar risers – maybe FBF as they are local and can’t see any reason to not to
- as I am 6’3/250lbs
- A throttlemeister for stretches of highway - is this not MV etiquette or do people do this?
- An RG3 for some additional sound (quite compared to my Ducati with Term's)
Glad you like it so much! Here are a few tips, see above.

1 Fuel consumption: sounds a bit rich. I get 125 mls until the light goes on on the 1078 with the RG3's and the race ECU.

2 Hot: yes.

3 Pegs: nonsense.

4 Helmet: get one with a better fit. Lift should only occur (slightly) over 125 mph. In my experience.

5 Bar risers: please don't. Get some exercise.

6 Weight: get some exercise, stay off the fatty food.

7 Throttle meister: don't.

8 RG3: yes. Don't forget the appropriate ECU.

Enjoy the thing!

Nulla tenaci invia est via
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 05:28 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
The world has stopped turning.

I agree with Mike.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

I agree with Mike & CAG. btw Congratulations

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Not rubber pegs...pegs with a bit more traction is good, but not rubber...

Ah yes, another man with a hot Italian mistress.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 06:26 PM

There is an upgrade to the water pump available as OEM parts from the dealer that will make it run a little cooler. And you can get aftermarket rear sets to make your feet more comfortable, the factory ones are OK, but not great.

I have recently lost 10kgs (was 250lbs, now 220lbs) and have another 10kgs (30 lbs) to go to reach what my wife would refer to as "trim", made a big difference to the comfort, as has some weight work in the gym. Somewhere here are articals on swopping the clip-ons right to left and giving yourself a 3/4" (I may have that wrong) boost. Its free other than time... Was going to do mine, now don't care.

The Senna is a very slick looking F4, nicely done!

Happiness is Red and Silver.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 11:46 PM

Congrats on your new baby....If it had SEnna...I would almost pee myself too (from worrying that I will crash her) before taking off... lol

Gorgeous bike....I can't stop staring @ my 750 either

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode