2009 F4 1078rr - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

2009 F4 1078rr

As a ducati rider for many years, i finally decided to go 1 step ahead and become a MV owner. I have a chance to own a brand new 2009 1078 RR for a very good deal but i have few questions and your help is greatly appreciated. When the new Ducati 1098 came out, i felt like 999 was the last true Ducati because new bike had many parts outsourced and looked like a japanese bike. I wouldn't hesitate one second if i wouldn't saw the pictures of new 2010 MV. Do you think this is the same case as Ducati? i know that 2009 is the last design from Tamburini and a limited production reached US. Those ones who were lucky enough to be in Milan, do you think the craftsmanship is as good as the 2009 or did they cut corners and make this a commercial bike(mass production and outsourced parts)? to me MV is a true italian stallion and knowing that harley boys had their hands on design makes me a bit nervous, your opinion means a lot.
Thank You
Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 12:15 PM

Get it!!!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Established Member

The 09 is the last production year of the classic F4 design. Don't know about others, but I think that's worth something (emotionally, aesthetically, not $$$).
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 02:31 PM
Established Member

I had to make the same decisition.
I used to own a F4 1000S until I got an accident.
After recover myself I was in same position, should I wait for the new F4?

Then, I good deal put in front of mine a 1078 brand new, then I toke the decisition to go for the last edition of a mith (that by the way is the better in the production history of F4, 190 hp, 192 kg, antislippery clutch, brembo calippers....etc...)

So, is up to you what you want to get under you ass, an absolute mith design by Tambu or a re-designed inspired by HD philosophy....

vsss::::::

Benelli 750 Sei
BMW K100 RS
BMW R1100S Boxercup
Yamaha R1-06
Mv Agusta F4 1000 S Biposto
Ducati Monster 620 ie
Bimota DB6 Delirio (Current)
MV Agusta F4 1078RR 312(Current)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by samuray; 11-22-2009 at 02:35 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

"So, is up to you what you want to get under you ass, an absolute mith design by Tambu or a re-designed inspired by HD philosophy...."
I think that explains all. I will go ahead and move forward with this deal, will keep you guys updated
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 02:56 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuray View Post
a re-designed inspired by HD philosophy....
I love my Millesettantotto, but that is just BS of the highest order. Adrian Morton (who apparently - thanks to Pier? we know - designed the new F4) is an excellent designer and the new design has absolutely nothing to do with HD design philosophy, whatever one might think that is.

It's a very good design, and the new bike might be an improvement on the existing one (as in "even better"). We'll have to wait for the test reports, hopefully from members here.

I'm just not trading in my Millesettantotto for the new one, that's all, and I don't need to deride the new one to justify that decision.

Nulla tenaci invia est via
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 03:35 PM

One of the things the Mk1 F4 family was famous for was the attention to detail, and how every single item appeared to be designed to fit the look of the bike, or where not practical, selected to compliment the overall design.

This was a concept that is also present in most of the Bimota's and to a lessor degree in the Duc 748/916. IMHO I think this was the best executed in the F4. You can read plenty of observations on Tamburini that cover his insistance in getting the finest details right.

Few here have seen the new bike in the fleash - and I haven't yet. However I expect to see some areas of the new bike that are done better than the Mk1 F4's (like the dash and steering dampener), and others that seem like a backwards step (exhaust, non adjustable rear sets).

But each to there own. I for one would very much like the 1078RR, but would change the panels to the same as my 1000S. Short of buying a Tambo (or maybe a Senna) - would be my ultimate F4 including the new one.

Happiness is Red and Silver.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Just to be clear here....the only thing H-D had influence on in MV design was the money to allow it to happen. And thank God for that, because spare parts supply got dramatically better after they took over, besides the new models going to production (they had been designed well before H-D came in).

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Just to be clear here....the only thing H-D had influence on in MV design was the money to allow it to happen. And thank God for that, because spare parts supply got dramatically better after they took over, besides the new models going to production (they had been designed well before H-D came in).
Very true, designs for components that required tooling would have had to have been set 1-3 years ago in some instances, in order to make and test the tooling, and troubleshoot the resultant product.

Happiness is Red and Silver.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Established Member

Design or not a MV is worth getting!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode