MV testing the 2010 at Almeria - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

MV testing the 2010 at Almeria

I was on track at Almeria in Spain for three days this week and the MV factory guys were there with about six of the new bikes.

Now they certainly looked fast, blowing my Aprilia into the weeds on the straight, mind you most things did as it topped out about half way along it, it is 900 metres long with a real tight uphill right at the end of it.

I had a wee foray along to their garage and found a lot of bodywork off one bike with about four mechanics round it frantically trying to sort out a problem, outside there was a black one and the whole rear of the bike was covered in coolant, this is the said bike

I tried to blag a go on one round the track, the answer was a resounding no, anyway they did let me have a sit on one for a picture or two, twas nice i must say

I could have done with the power of the MV in the races, looks like i am gonna have to buy a jap in line four to give myself half a chance of being up their with lap times, needs must and all that stuff

WHEN I READ ABOUT THE PERILS OF DRINKING, I GAVE UP READING!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
Wow, talk about the right place at the right time!!! Thanks for posting!

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 03:40 PM

Thanks for the write up. Would you mind me asking how tall are you including your inseam? The picture of you on the new bike is probably the best indicator of how tall the seat height will be.
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 03:43 PM

cool man! now tell us how tall the bike is please

A dyslexic man walks into a bra
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Established Member

I'm there in Dec on my F4, hope they turn up again.....
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Ball & Chain magnet

Send a message via Yahoo to Djester
Cant wait till Stephen reads this!

If at first you don't succeed, use a hammer instead

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 04:02 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
I was on track at Almeria in Spain for three days this week and the MV factory guys were there with about six of the new bikes.

Now they certainly looked fast, blowing my Aprilia into the weeds on the straight, mind you most things did as it topped out about half way along it, it is 900 metres long with a real tight uphill right at the end of it.

I had a wee foray along to their garage and found a lot of bodywork off one bike with about four mechanics round it frantically trying to sort out a problem, outside there was a black one and the whole rear of the bike was covered in coolant, this is the said bike

I tried to blag a go on one round the track, the answer was a resounding no, anyway they did let me have a sit on one for a picture or two, twas nice i must say

I could have done with the power of the MV in the races, looks like i am gonna have to buy a jap in line four to give myself half a chance of being up their with lap times, needs must and all that stuff

Cool pics! Looks a lot better than what I've seen before. Sh*t...

Seat height? Unless you're a dwarf (which I don't think you are), sorry, that's of course "vertically challenged", that looks suspiciously like the 86 cms stated in the new F4's tech spec...

Nulla tenaci invia est via

Last edited by MikeF4Black; 11-20-2009 at 04:34 PM.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 04:03 PM

wow

__

MV F4 1000 S Red/Silver
HUSABERG FS 570
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

I am 5' 10", but my legs are not that long to be honest, i take a 32" waist trouser with a 30" inside leg, i trust that will give some indication for those interested.

It did not feel to bad whilst sitting on it.

Oh, and their test rider in my group was bloody quick, the black bike had a mountain of telemetry fitted to it, the huge amount of coolant leakage was not very clever, especially on track.

The exhaust is OK, but i do prefer the round pipes.

Right place right time, absolutely, we had the Moto2 testing going on as well with Jeremy McWilliams and the german superbike champ testing it, you have never heard anything as loud as this thing.

Also there was Bradley Smith, Simon Crafar, Gino Rea, Eugene Laverty, Neevsy from MCN, young Josh Elliot who Jeremy has taken under his wing and boy is he fast, it was quite an experience actually, made me realise how much faster these guys really are when you are on track with them, i had some laps with Eugene to show me the way round, then on the second day i got out with Jeremy for a few laps too.

In the UK i am normally in about the top 20% or so in the fast group on a trackday, but this was a different kettle of fish altogether, there were some really fast people there, it was good though as it drags you on another peg or two.

Being a Scot i was not used to the 29 degrees we had and boy was it taking it's toll on me.

I did a two hour endurance race and an 8 lap sprint race within the three days, deffo a must do track event, if you are interested look up Jeremy McWilliams Superbike Academy or go to Racedays website.

Here i am contemplating the whole experience and thinking to myself, feck i need a cold beer.........................

WHEN I READ ABOUT THE PERILS OF DRINKING, I GAVE UP READING!!
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Established Member

great pics! first member to throw a leg over one?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode