Weight - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 05:01 AM Thread Starter

Weight

The weight of the new F4.....is it really heavier than the outgoing model as some reports are suggesting ???

If it is a mistake in the press release, how could MV get this so wrong.
Surely the new bike is lighter, the current bike's weakest trait.

If the new F4 is heavier I won't be rushing out to order one.
Can anyone shed some legit info on the weight ?

VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 05:15 AM

I think the weight now is real weight (with fluids)and before was fake (without all fluids).I can't see it being heavier when they are saying in the specs that most componets are lighter and smaller.The only way to tell is put both bikes on the scales.Still its way off the 1198 weight specs
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 05:28 AM

Now, the weight in tech spec is real. It's a real dry weight, just without fuel. So add 17 liters of fuel and you are somewhere between 205 and 210 kg.
Check the post about top speed of bikes posted by MikeF4Black, where they claim the 1078 weights around 220 fully loaded.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 10:34 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
I think the weight now is real weight (with fluids)and before was fake (without all fluids).I can't see it being heavier when they are saying in the specs that most componets are lighter and smaller.
+1

MV says it's 22 lbs lighter, so it should be weighing in around 430-ish lbs, tank empty.....not too far off the quoted 423 lb. weight

"I am a Cafe Racer myself, on some days - and it is one of my finest addictions." - Hunter S. Thompson
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 10:40 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihaSLO View Post
Now, the weight in tech spec is real. It's a real dry weight, just without fuel. So add 17 liters of fuel and you are somewhere between 205 and 210 kg.
Check the post about top speed of bikes posted by MikeF4Black, where they claim the 1078 weights around 220 fully loaded.
Miha, you beat me to the post!

F4 1078RR 220 kgs fully fuelled (only 3 kgs more than the new R1 mind you). Stated dry weight 193 kgs (biposto), so a 27 kgs difference. That's a lot of weight for 21 ltrs of fuel and all other fluids.

192 kgs (new F4) is stated without fuel but with all other fluids, so there should be an 8-10 kgs weight loss.

I think... (MV says it's 22 lbs lighter, so my guess is in the ballpark)

Nulla tenaci invia est via

Last edited by MikeF4Black; 11-20-2009 at 10:43 AM.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 11:20 AM

It would have been nice if MV stated how they go the weight and provided numbers for both the old measuring system and the new system (ie: Dry Weight w/o fluid: _____; Dry Weight with oil and fluids: _______ ). That was remove any speculation and make the change in measurements clear. Then next year, just use the new system.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihaSLO View Post
Yes, +1 on that one, once you see the bike it can only be lighter, some eg's plastic fuel tank, plastic headlight and glass, one exhaust silencer, 'modern' alternator instead of a 1980's Fiat reject.

205/210 kg will put it in exactly the same ballpark as any modern 1000cc SB, in real weight terms, not 'claimed' weights

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Gibbs View Post
It would have been nice if MV stated how they go the weight and provided numbers for both the old measuring system and the new system (ie: Dry Weight w/o fluid: _____; Dry Weight with oil and fluids: _______ ). That was remove any speculation and make the change in measurements clear. Then next year, just use the new system.
We could really do with a 'std' format for weighing bikes, ie ready to ride/kerb weight with no fuel, a fully fuelled 'std' would have all the manufacturers reducing tank sizes

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Are you gonna sell the R1 and buy one then Mike?

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
Are you gonna sell the R1 and buy one then Mike?
Yes Mike, I was wondering that also. You seemed quite excited after seeing the bike in Milan.

To be accurate: 192 kg dry weight + 17 liters(which is a bit more than 12 kg) = ~204 kg. 1198 is 203, Fireblade is 202, RC8R is 202 according to MikeF4Black's post. All others are heavier, more or less.

Add forged wheels from B4 1090 RR, Titanium exhaust and maybe complete CF fairing and we're looking deep under 200 kg fully loaded.

Cooling has been addressed, weight is down, engine and g'box is refined and MM ECU is latest available.

I think we have new winner of 2010 Masterbike test.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode