Refit '09, '08, '07... - MVAgusta.net
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ODJEBI68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chicagoland (the region)
Posts: 289
Refit '09, '08, '07...

Traction control, variable intake, dual injectors and gear indicator are all things that I like about the new F4. Now take an '09 or earlier with the huge sell price reduction. Can someone just off the shelf the needed components such as ECU and so forth and just refit these showroom bargains with all these new advancements. I am aware that the new engine has a claimed better oiling and cooling route so to assist in the overheating. My understanding is Lee has that beat. If it is possible than buying a new 312RR at +/- 20k and then adding 3-4k of these upgrades and hoocha hoocha hoocha, you've got champagne.
ODJEBI68 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Senior Member
 
mikef4uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chester UK
Posts: 5,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODJEBI68 View Post
Traction control, variable intake, dual injectors and gear indicator are all things that I like about the new F4. Now take an '09 or earlier with the huge sell price reduction. Can someone just off the shelf the needed components such as ECU and so forth and just refit these showroom bargains with all these new advancements. I am aware that the new engine has a claimed better oiling and cooling route so to assist in the overheating. My understanding is Lee has that beat. If it is possible than buying a new 312RR at +/- 20k and then adding 3-4k of these upgrades and hoocha hoocha hoocha, you've got champagne.
I doubt it, just think of the 'new F4' as a COMPLETELY newly designed bike that just happens to look the same as the old one, we looked very hard at it, I reckon clutch slave/gearbox/rear wheel hub/brake discs/switch gear would fit, even the clip ons are different

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)


MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mikef4uk is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODJEBI68 View Post
Traction control, variable intake, dual injectors and gear indicator are all things that I like about the new F4. Now take an '09 or earlier with the huge sell price reduction. Can someone just off the shelf the needed components such as ECU and so forth and just refit these showroom bargains with all these new advancements.
Everything is possible, however not necessarily cheaply. The over the counter cost of the parts you've just listed would likely exceed 20% of the replacement price of a new bike (at a guess) - yes they will be that expensive unless MV offers a special upgrade path.

Our colleagues with Ducatis that have attempted to add the traction control to the 1098 / 1198 models (some of which already feature TC) has been uneconomic (things like needing the sensors on the front wheel).

Your best bet is to buy a broken new model bike from a salvage auction and then transfer the parts accross.

Andrew...

PS you can robably add some of the arts without thers and still get some of the benefits (eg new induction system).
andrew is offline  
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Senior Member
 
mikef4uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chester UK
Posts: 5,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
Everything is possible, however not necessarily cheaply. The over the counter cost of the parts you've just listed would likely exceed 20% of the replacement price of a new bike (at a guess) - yes they will be that expensive unless MV offers a special upgrade path.

Our colleagues with Ducatis that have attempted to add the traction control to the 1098 / 1198 models (some of which already feature TC) has been uneconomic (things like needing the sensors on the front wheel).

Your best bet is to buy a broken new model bike from a salvage auction and then transfer the parts accross.

Andrew...

PS you can robably add some of the arts without thers and still get some of the benefits (eg new induction system).
I really do feel like

As an engineer who has SEEN the bike as far as moving most parts from the new bike to the old bike believe me here, the new bike might as well be a Honda dressed as an MV, it is so different from the 'old' F4

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)


MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mikef4uk is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Senior Member
 
MikeF4Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 3,111
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODJEBI68 View Post
Traction control, variable intake, dual injectors and gear indicator are all things that I like about the new F4. Now take an '09 or earlier with the huge sell price reduction. Can someone just off the shelf the needed components such as ECU and so forth and just refit these showroom bargains with all these new advancements. I am aware that the new engine has a claimed better oiling and cooling route so to assist in the overheating. My understanding is Lee has that beat. If it is possible than buying a new 312RR at +/- 20k and then adding 3-4k of these upgrades and hoocha hoocha hoocha, you've got champagne.

Yeah right. So which one of all these mods do you find you can't live without?

Nulla tenaci invia est via
MikeF4Black is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Senior Member
 
MikeF4Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 3,111
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk View Post
I really do feel like

As an engineer who has SEEN the bike as far as moving most parts from the new bike to the old bike believe me here, the new bike might as well be a Honda dressed as an MV, it is so different from the 'old' F4
Suzuki methinks. Can someone photochop the new F4 in blue/white or Rizla colours? Or is that considered heresy in this hallowed place?

Nulla tenaci invia est via
MikeF4Black is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome