so, what would you change, 'if' you decide to get the F4 Mark II? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 01:43 AM Thread Starter

so, what would you change, 'if' you decide to get the F4 Mark II?

sorry, if this has been debated before; i didn't get to read all of the postings.

i am totally happy with my '07. i prefer the 'Mark I' style over the new one. but, if my bike gets stolen or totaled, then, i would have to get the Mark II. if that happens, here are the stuff i would change right off the crate: (this list would get updated as more bikes hit the ground running and depending on what issues pop up)

- switch to good'ld organ-style pipes (hopefully someone makes them)
- front bumper (is it called that way?): either CF or red (for red/silver)
- CF heat-shield
- try to install the Mark I fairing and see what happens to the temperature. if there are problems, then try vent covers, like now. (might leave the lower outlet alone)
- check the wheel weights of the new and old Brembos. if Brembos are lighter, switch them!

i suppose that should do it. i am making a blind assumptions that there would be relevant parts available, either factory or after-market.

cheers.
henry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 05:26 AM

if its not broken why fix it
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 06:50 AM

This is another useless thread. Henry You never saw this bike, You never touched it, You have no clue about the performance but You think about modifying it. Plus if You would read the official statements from MV Agusta than You would have noticed that MV Agusta Corse will launch optional pieces and bits which You can see in 3D on the online configurator which will be launched in December @ mvagusta.it. Once You have fiddled the Bike together which would might suit You You click the order button. So patience buddy !
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 11:55 AM

Ouch.

Italian outfit, Rubber, heat, grunting, and you fill the open hole for more?? What's not to love??
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haupti View Post
This is another useless thread. Henry You never saw this bike, You never touched it, You have no clue about the performance but You think about modifying it. Plus if You would read the official statements from MV Agusta than You would have noticed that MV Agusta Corse will launch optional pieces and bits which You can see in 3D on the online configurator which will be launched in December @ mvagusta.it. Once You have fiddled the Bike together which would might suit You You click the order button. So patience buddy !
rational point. makes sense to me.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haupti View Post
Dont spoil the guys dreams lol
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 04:21 PM

I think the square exhausts will date very quickly, so will the winkies.
Old style is better.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 04:24 PM

Well, I guess the info could be beneficial to MV as market research of what post-purchase parts they should make.

PS: About two years ago, I sent an e-mail to MV Agusta USA's president about having an online configurator of colors and options just like auto manufacturers have. Orders could be sent directly to a selected dealer for processing.

Last edited by Allan Gibbs; 11-16-2009 at 04:26 PM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 04:35 PM

Factory fitted options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Gibbs View Post
Well, I guess the info could be beneficial to MV as market research of what post-purchase parts they should make.

PS: About two years ago, I sent an e-mail to MV Agusta USA's president about having an online configurator of colors and options just like auto manufacturers have. Orders could be sent directly to a selected dealer for processing.
Yes, would be nice, I can order a car to just about any colour or interior with a mutitude of extra's.

So lets change this around a little.

What options would you like to order factory fitted?

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 04:39 PM

Yamaha and HD have this already

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode