Castiglioni against HD - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Castiglioni against HD

Castiglioni during new F4 presentation!!

Here in italian, lower my translation:

"Una storia incredibile che ha viaggiato di pari passo con quella di MV Agusta: una storia che non può finire nemmeno dopo il comunicato del 15 ottobre della Harley Davidson, in cui si parla senza mezzi termini della messa in vendita della nostra azienda. Una vera e propria doccia fredda per me, per i dipendenti: io rispetto la decisione di HD, perchè un'azienda quando ha problematiche da risolvere non può essere criticata, ma critico la forma e lo stile. La questione poteva essere approcciata in altro modo, soprattutto perchè si deve rispetto a questa azienda: per la sua storia, per i suoi prodotti, per chi ci dedica tutto sé stesso e perchè, senza false modestie, è stata colei che ha fatto rinascere il motociclismo in Europa con il sogno Cagiva corse a cavallo dei fine anni '80 e primi '90.

NON VI ABBANDONERO' MAI
Quella in cui ci ritroviamo è una situazione complicata, certamente, ma voglio dire una cosa agli operai che sono presenti con noi qui in sala e non capisco perchè non siano in prima fila: non li ho mai abbandonati nei momenti più difficili, non li abbandonerò certo adesso. Io assicuro loro che mi metterò ancora in gioco, perchè MV Agusta merita il massimo.

Forse sarà l'ultima volta che riuscirò a farlo, perchè le botte che ho preso in questi anni sono stati dure e prima o poi viene il momento per tutti "di stufarsi", ma credo di avere ancora la forza per andare avanti: ci tengo troppo a questa azienda, non voglio che vada in mano a gente che può usare male questo marchio e questo nome. Ci sono degli interessi forti, insomma, che mi legano a questo "discorso" e voglio difenderli con le persone che hanno sempre lavorato con me: non vi abbandonerò mai.

In english

After an intro talking about Cagiva and races....

"The history of Cagiva always walked close to MV history: a history that can't finish even after the communicate of the 15th of october from HD, were they talk without hiding nothing, about the intention to sell our company. A real cold shower for me and workers: wile i respect HD decision, because a company with problems can't be criticized, i critic the way and the style they did it. The situation could be handeled in a differnt way, specially because this company (MV) deserves respect: for her history, for her products, for who dedicated to her all his efforts and because, without false modesty, she is responsible of motoring in Europe throught Cagiva Corse in late 80' and beginning of 90'.

The situation is complicated, certainly, but i want to say one thing to workers who are here in the stand and i don't know why they are not here in first row: i never abandoned you in the difficult moments and i am not goin to do it now: i am going to play again my role because MV deserves the maximum.

Maybe it's the last time that i'll do it because during all this years i've been hitted so many times and soon or later the moment you feel tired arrives, but i still have the strenth to go on; i love too much this company, i don't want that she can fall in the wrong hands that can hurt this brand and this name. There are too many interests that tie me to this company and i want to defend them with the persons that always worked with me: I WILL NEVER ABANDON YOU."

I personally always had not a great opinion about Castiglioni; this words redeems him totally in my eyes and i feel a bit closer to this company today. Hope Castiglioni will be able to get back MV and wish him all the best.

Castiglioni, good luck and thank you.

PS: hope my translation not too bad.

http://www.omnimoto.it/magazine/3773...abbandoner-mai

SUZUKI RG250 - YAMAHA RD 350 - YAMAHA RD 500 - SUZUKI RG 500 - SUZUKI GSXR 1100 - KAWASAKI ZXR 750 - DUCATI 851S - DUCATI 888 SP4 - MV AGUSTA F4 1000S

Last edited by RikiRix; 11-11-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Formerly WYD OPN

Thanx for the info and translation. I share your sentiments about CC.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 04:17 PM
lee

Your translation was excellent. What a refreshing piece of news in this dog eat dog world. He has my admiration and respect as well.

I got mine. Boy do I ever got mine.
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 04:28 PM

Great to hear some passion from the man.

All I have seen in magazines is that he was giving free bikes to hot girls and famous people.

Nice to see this
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 04:46 PM

+1!! Thanks for the translation.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
i am going to play again my role because MV deserves the maximum.

Maybe it's the last time that i'll do it because during all this years i've been hitted so many times and soon or later the moment you feel tired arrives, but i still have the strenth to go on; i love too much this company, i don't want that she can fall in the wrong hands that can hurt this brand and this name.
Does this mean CC is buying MV Agusta back for HD?
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
Thank you! Lets hope he can get back into the drivers seat and keep the good things coming for MV!!!

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Established Member

I like the speech, but I feel those are empty words. If you read about CC, he's nothing but a playboy who throws money he doesn't have at expensive toys (helicopters, cars) and beautiful women.

His son is the same. I saw an interview with him and all he talked about was women and toys... nothing about MV the brand. I could tell he could care less.

CC has lost every company he's built (Ducati, Husqvarna). I bet MV's next, especially with the world economy the way it is now.

Sad.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 07:15 PM

I think CC's words are sincere. I believe a company like MV, with the technology and the marque, will be purchased. Let's just hope that it is by a company with a long-term view of the marketplace. HD, like most U.S. companies, is focused solely on quarterly profits and not on building long-term value.

2007 F4-1000R
2009 Ducati Multistrada 1100S
Understanding Wife
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 07:25 PM

not a fan of HD but let's not forget that without them i don't think MV would be able to :
-launch a new B4
-launch a new F4
-be just about to launch a new 675cc
-...operate without any debt

So, if HD were not very diplomatic in their announcing the sale of MV, they still didn't treat MV like they treated Buell either.
The cleaned-up situation MV is in right now (that is a really clean one at last !!!) more than fully makes up for HD lack of manners.

Also...let's see how B4 and F4 sales pick-up. If no buyer shows in the next 6 months, MV might come up with some sales number that might make HD change their mind.
Why sell a company that took a lot of investment and which would be putting out a profit in the not so long term?

CC has the passion though...that's for sure and hopefully that will be enough to get MV going.

...just my 2 cents worth.

Last edited by khameron; 11-11-2009 at 07:30 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode