Radiator leeks last series F4 1000 R's & Senna's - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Radiator leeks last series F4 1000 R's & Senna's

Hi guys,

Got problems with my Senna, nothing serious but 2 days ago I was riding, going hard back home and at the last km's. something starts to smell weird. I looked down on my left side seeing some damps and flued all over my bike plus even spitting on my screen. Lucky, I was almost home. First I thaught it was a probelm with the expansion flued reservoir. Today, I went to the dealership and told the story. They mmm, probably you are the second that has a bad radiator. They have a 1000R stripped whit same problem. They checked, and yes bad radiator. They checked aswell the frame numbers of both bikes and they are following eachother, very close. It's the last production series and more bikes might get the problem. But hey, if it happens to you, don't pannic. Now you know what the problem might be.

I had to leave my bike and got home whit a MV F4s 750, first model. it's slow!

MV regards,

MotoMorfose

With your Mind Power, determination, your instinct and the expierence aswell, you can fly very high! "Ayrton Senna"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 01:21 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
hey, it's been a while... I have my Senna too now.

just curious what's your frame number?

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by odonata
hey, it's been a while... I have my Senna too now.

just curious what's your frame number?
Hi Odonata,

How is the Senna? Amazing isn't it? got now 2650 km on the tacho driving whenever i can.

knowing always when i leave but never know when get home

my frame number is 4481
regards,
Helmut

With your Mind Power, determination, your instinct and the expierence aswell, you can fly very high! "Ayrton Senna"

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 02:37 PM

MotoMorfose , No problem with mine yet. Hopefully it isn't a design problem. You were lucky to be close to home. Where is Kortrijk ?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 04:33 PM

I just looked them up for the 1000R/Senna. Same exact parts as the F4 1000 so it's a batch rather than new design problem - if it is in fact a pattern. Just an FYI.

JamesC

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rduc999
MotoMorfose , No problem with mine yet. Hopefully it isn't a design problem. You were lucky to be close to home. Where is Kortrijk ?
I live in the flemish part of Belgium and Kortrijk is located in the west side of Belgium, province Westvlaanderen, only a few km's from France. want to visit?

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 07:15 PM

MotoMorfose , Sounds like great riding , weather permiting. I'll come visit there. You can visit in Southern California.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 07:16 PM

JamesC , Thanks for the research. Hope mine isn't in the batch.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rduc999
MotoMorfose , Sounds like great riding , weather permiting. I'll come visit there. You can visit in Southern California.
Sounds great i've been in the States a long time ago was 10 years old went to Disney World and the everglades. Never went to the west side, most be awsome. I'll let you know when I am intending to come.

Cheers

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 10:38 PM

The West Coast is nice . Many good areas to ride. Let me know when your ready and I'll show you around.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode