NY vs Pa Dealer - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

NY vs Pa Dealer

About to take the senna in for 600mi service. Anyone have any opinion about the service departments at FBF vs Duc/MV in Manhattan. They are equidistant from me.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 07:40 AM

Gary,

Where did you get bike? If it was good experience, return.

FBF, despite what others may say at times, has 3 excellent mechanics, 2 in particular-Jason and Phil, whom really are GREAT and train other MV mechanics around the US. They have a "new" service manager, who returns to FBF, and is good to work with, Hauk.

Peter
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 09:21 AM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
I have spoken ill of FBF in the past, but that is only for their parts people. I know they have great service people that know MV's. There is also a couple of good ones at American Warhorse Dealership. I know of an instance where there were some issues with work done by FBF, but you will have to talk to Style_one about that! Why is it so hard to find someone that knows what they are doing when working on MV's!!! We should all get together and start a franchise of MV shops, James should be our fearless leader!!

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 10:45 AM

yeah, but no one's going to want to do that because we'd rather be riding!! me personally, i tend to only ME to work on my stuff. that way it can be done the way i want it, and if something goes wrong, i know who did it. can only blame myself.

i will say that allan at fbf is really trying to turn that parts dept around. i talked to him right before closing on monday trying to get some parts prices/availability and he said give him some time to check on it. next morning he emailed me what i asked for AND called to check to see if i got the email. i told him then about complaints about fbf parts dept and that i thought he was doing a good job to turn things around....at least customer services wise. he's corresponded twice with me since then and is awaiting my instructions. got to give credit where credit is due.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Pete, I got it at FBF but the delivery was less than spectacular, so I had concerns about the service side as well.
Anybody know anything about the Manhattan store??
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reopropf
Gary,

Where did you get bike? If it was good experience, return.

FBF, despite what others may say at times, has 3 excellent mechanics, 2 in particular-Jason and Phil, whom really are GREAT and train other MV mechanics around the US. They have a "new" service manager, who returns to FBF, and is good to work with, Hauk.

Peter
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 10:51 AM

I don't know your exact location....but I just heard Cliff's in CT became an MV Agusta dealer as well...I believe they are also BMW..hope the info helps.
Christian
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 09:32 AM

Danbury BMW

I've been lurking here for a LONG time.

I'd just like to tell you the positive experiences I've had with Cliff's BMW. I bought a BMW K1200S from them, and they have been nothing but excellent.
They also have a loaner bike program(although, I imagine your proximity may be an issue).

There sales and service staff is top rate ie. very knowledgable and helpful. Most importantly to me, They follow through. If they tell you your bike will be done on Friday at 12:00. It will be.

Just another $.02
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 09:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to Matty
Cliffs seems to have a great reputation.......The dyno guy next to them is pretty knowledgeable too

Matty
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 10:32 AM

Perhaps John can chime in if he sees it fit but when I talked to Kliff about doing my service from now on due to Motofixx going down the tube. He said that he does not have a MV trained mechanic yet. I am lookjing forward when he does but also hope it does not have to be soon. I do want to get a full checkup befor the warentee is up in Feb.

Chris
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 12:24 PM

Two mechanics are being trained next month. I'll let you guys know when they come back.

John T

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode