F4 1000S - More Riding Impressions - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

F4 1000S - More Riding Impressions

Hi Everyone!

I've now just passed the 300 mile mark and have noticed a few more things about my MV. According to the owners manual, I can now rev it to 8-9K, which makes things a bit more interesting! I've heard reports of the throttle response being a little jerky or harsh when first coming of a closed throttle. I can't say I've noticed this up to 8-9K rpm. What I have noticed is the way that the bike won't pick up when blipping the throttle on down changes, between about 3 and 4.5k. I've read various explanations on several posts as to why this happens. It's a strange thing because the engine picks up beautifully when blipping the throttle above 4.5k. I'd be interested to know if anyone has cured this problem via any means, or how people ride around it. I've started not bothering to blip the throttle on downshifts below 4.5k, as theres not really enough engine braking to unsettle the back end at such a low speed.
I've also heard reports of erratic idle speed and stalling which, I'm glad to say haven't happened. The idle speed has remained constant at 1.5K, which I think is pehaps a little high? Also there does appear to be a flat spot around 3k, but is nothing too noticeable.
Another thing I keep having to adjust to is how quick this thing steers. I find myself dropping in to hit an apex, and having to pick the thing up slightly, as it's turned so quickly. I think this is because I ride my CBR600 to work most days, and I have to re-callibrate my brain when I first get on the MV.
Cheers

Hank_UK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
thanks for the continued impressions.
i hope that you will continue writing your thoughts about this wonderful bike

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Established Member

The ECU is programmed to prevent 'blipping' the throttle over 4-4500 rpm because that is exactly when the anti-engine braking system kicks in on closed throttle conditions. This part of the program must "see" an engaged gear to operate. This explains why there is very positive throttle response while in neutral yet once a gear is selected, the response decreases. You will find that you can blip the throttle as you drop below 4500rpm. As you slow down to a very low speed, you will see that the throttle response goes away. Annoying but true!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
Quote:
Originally Posted by exduc
The ECU is programmed to prevent 'blipping' the throttle over 4-4500 rpm because that is exactly when the anti-engine braking system kicks in on closed throttle conditions. This part of the program must "see" an engaged gear to operate. This explains why there is very positive throttle response while in neutral yet once a gear is selected, the response decreases. You will find that you can blip the throttle as you drop below 4500rpm. As you slow down to a very low speed, you will see that the throttle response goes away. Annoying but true!
THIS is why i love this forum so much....
i have, again, learned something
that is an excellent explanation
thanks for taking the time to teach us

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Established Member

You're very welcome!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode