Why new F 3, 4, 5, 6...? Why? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Cool Why new F 3, 4, 5, 6...? Why?

Time for a whole new concept:

1 Riding a motorbike is about emotion. If it weren't, we (sportsriders) would all be riding 'Blades, 'cause they're best. At everything.

Except.... they're not beautiful and they're dull. Or aren't they?

2 You don't need a new "model" bike every two years, just 'cause the new one's "better". Why not stick to the same model for over 10 years, just 'cause it's good enough for you and it fully satisfies your emotional needs?

So why are we blathering on about F3's, new F4's , F5 etc etc, and what they will look like, and if MV will have solved teething problems without involving customers?

Comments invited....

Nulla tenaci invia est via

Last edited by MikeF4Black; 08-19-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 03:37 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Arguably, we haven't had a "new" F4 since 2000.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Cool

I've clarified my admittedly provocative position.

Nulla tenaci invia est via
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 03:48 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
I agree with you. I like the design of the F4 and the Brutale even if it is 10 years old. For those that like changes every couple years, there are plenty of Japanese bikes.

For some though, 10 years is a little long to carry a design and people are looking forward to something new.

It won't be cataclysmic, like going from the 996 to the 999 to the 1098 with in a few years, more of an evolution I think.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 03:52 PM

Manufacturers need to come out with something new at the very least to attract fresh blood. If MV never came out with something new and we keep our MV's for 10 years, then MV would go bankrupty. I think Harley, Buick, and Cadillac had that problem a few years go? Their core market started dying and they needed to get fresh blood.

As for owners, it's an emotional purchase and that's why people (not just MV owners) want something new or the latest and greatest. If it was rational purchase, we would just say, "It's still works and 100hp is fast enough for me." So, like an addiction, after while the same old MV in model year 2005 dosages just doesn't do it anymore.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 04:39 PM

Disposable Consumerism.

And "Warranties"

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 04:52 PM

I think for many it probably is a barometer for the health of the company. I think a lot of people really hope that MV survives and prospers, and new models are an indicator of growth and therefore imply prosperity and stability.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 05:07 PM

The way I look at my MV is - It's the 1969 mustang GT of the motorcycle world.. In 40 years time this will still be a bike that makes heads turn. I'm sure we'll have many more beautiful models in years to come and that's fantastic.. maybe someday i'll get one of the new models but the F4 is a piece of history and i'm very happy with my recent purchase of a 10 year old design.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 06:47 PM

I bet the current design is a bit limiting and they have tweaked/upgraded as far as they can take it. Maybe now they have the resources to make a new design from Harley, which may have been scarce before. R&D burns lots of cash that some companies can't afford to spare. We shall see....until then

Timmay, tim-may timmay timmay. TIMMMAAYYY!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 07:48 AM

Evolution? MV even if very near to perfection (specially to us who own it), in a dinamic market needs to input a new product that can innovate in design, dinamics, technology.....materials. F4 is actually a superb bike and still innovative under many sides, however has +10 years project. I don't think that a new model could throw any shadow on her, but simply give more to who is asking more from an "evolution" point of view and cut some os the "issues" related to age, like weight.

Now what i was wondering is another thing (maybe worth a new thread): how would the new model launch affect the actual F4 models in terms of value, pricing.
Considerations: Tamburini, a project totally succeded (who knows what can happen with new one), the bike that represented MV resurrection.
Thoughts?

SUZUKI RG250 - YAMAHA RD 350 - YAMAHA RD 500 - SUZUKI RG 500 - SUZUKI GSXR 1100 - KAWASAKI ZXR 750 - DUCATI 851S - DUCATI 888 SP4 - MV AGUSTA F4 1000S

Last edited by RikiRix; 08-20-2009 at 08:19 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode