F4 getting moody on me - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

F4 getting moody on me

My '00 F4 750 has started getting fussy of late; in different ways, but maybe it's due to the same problem.

First off, it's stalling randomly during downshifts. Can't pinpoint if it's a heat related issue or not, but approaching a light and downshifting it'll stall; even with the revs where they should be. Only happens during downshifting. Idles fine, upshifts fine.

Second, I'm blowing fuses like crazy- the 7.5 one for brake and signals. Past Saturday I put in a new fuse to replace the one that blew on the last ride. Started the bike and tested them. Worked first time, blew it when tested a second time a minute later.

I'm hearing through research in the archives (sounds so Jedi council like) that the relay/fuse box is the culprit. Just curious if there's any additional stuff I should consider. Bike's long out of warranty I will probably do the repair work myself. Looks like an easy swap; curious what the part will cost though...

Cheers.
Keith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 06:54 PM

I kept blowing fuses and lost my gauge cluster. It was due to a wire that was shorting out. I found and fixed it and the problem went away. I would see if something happened like did you put the blinker on or did the fan kick in. For example if your fan motor is bad or going bad it can itself cause a short. Which could be blowing your fuse.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode