Carbon Ram Air ducts - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 04:26 AM Thread Starter

Question Carbon Ram Air ducts

Has anyone purchased and installed the Carbon Ram air ducts?

I originally purchased the ram air duct covers but didnt like the way they sat a little higher on the bike, and also thought that being an MV and my pride and joy, it deserved to have the authentic products spent on it.

Vesuvio Racing are offering these which look good but i'm not sure if the larger air flow will cause any ill-effect???
http://www.vesuvioracing.com/2154/Ca...Agusta-F4.html

Can anyone shed a little more light on this product, the quality, fitment, install, and performance +/-

Thanks
Ash

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 11:46 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to psst!!!...
i have got on mine some caron air intakes and seems to offer more air to the bike bt I think this is just a feeling.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Can you tell me if your set was purchased from Vesuvio? and what the build quality and fitment is like?

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 08:44 PM
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by psst!!!... View Post
i have got on mine some caron air intakes and seems to offer more air to the bike bt I think this is just a feeling.

I don't think I've noticed anything. Sure looks good tho. Are they supposed to allow more air in? (is it even actually a ram air system? i didn't think so but don't really know).

I got the mv corse ones I think. Not cheap at over a grand each. But they look gooooood.....

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Colin,
They dont seem to be very cheap anywhere, so I think it would be in my best interest to try and source an MV Corse set myself. Even at the added expense at least i'll be assured about the quality and fitment.

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 04:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoLunch View Post

I got the mv corse ones I think. Not cheap at over a grand each. But they look gooooood.....
Hey Colin,
would you know whether or not the MV Corse carbon ducts are still available and if so, where from?

Thanks

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 04:44 AM
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash_Dawg View Post
Hey Colin,
would you know whether or not the MV Corse carbon ducts are still available and if so, where from?

Thanks

PM sent.

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 01:30 PM

Cool

Quote:

Yep Look at my avatar pic and my album. I didn't notice any fitment problems. Judge for yourself.

Nulla tenaci invia est via
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 02:33 PM

Lightbulb This is madness, CF airtubes are just bling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash_Dawg View Post

I originally purchased the ram air duct covers but didnt like the way they sat a little higher on the bike, and also thought that being an MV and my pride and joy, it deserved to have the authentic products spent on it.

Vesuvio Racing are offering these which look good but i'm not sure if the larger air flow will cause any ill-effect???
http://www.vesuvioracing.com/2154/Ca...Agusta-F4.html

Can anyone shed a little more light on this product, the quality, fitment, install, and performance +/-

Thanks
Ash
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoLunch View Post
I don't think I've noticed anything. Sure looks good tho. Are they supposed to allow more air in? (is it even actually a ram air system? i didn't think so but don't really know).

Surely its the diameter of the throttle bodies and the valve size combined with the duration of inlet valve opening that dictates these things, as the air tubes do not act as would a pressurised system.
Are folk also forgetting there is an air-filter in the way too??

As for this statement and to quote Vesuvio :-

"The tubes are LARGER so more air will flow towards your engine which will thereby gain a few more poneys"

With the greatest of respect I am at a loss to see where and how this statement is based?

Cuz that is absolute crap!!

The facts are quite clear, in so much as the MV Agusta airbox is NOT pressurised so therefore it wouldn't matter a flying fuck if the air tubes were the size of the Grand Canyon. it still wouldn't make any more power.

That's a fact!!

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 03:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to SANDMAN
yes i love CF.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nothing Is Impossible For Those That Don't Have To Do It!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode