312R Ride height measurement needed - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

312R Ride height measurement needed

Does anyone have an as delivered 312R they could do a ride height measurement on? I have a customer who'd like to go back to factory height, but I really don't see the point in paying $680 odd for the factory tool and somewhat understandably the importer won't lend one to me.

Preferably on a rear stand measuring from the axle up to the lowest point of the bottom of the air vent on the seat base. The factory spec is fully extended, but I should be able to infer it from the "sag without rider" measurement.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 01:12 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
ride height tool

brad black;
2 days ago ProItalia quoted me $195 for the tool, I said no thanks!

any one have the dimensions of the tool? pin diameters and the angle/distance to the measuring spot that is marked on the long arm?

i'll just make one

Noel-theknurl
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 01:46 AM

Hi Brad,
I have a new 312R only 500 kms on it with no suspension or other adjustments done so far.

I measured the bike whilst on the rear stand. I measured on the chain side of the bike between the very top of the stand and the very bottom of the stamping on the side of the exhaust. The stamping I measured to was the E3 box nex to the part no.

This measurement was exactly 500 mm between the two points.

Let me know if this works for you. I could not find any other reference points that would be easy to describe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 04:07 AM
Established Member

No Prob
Have 312r with no adjustment made to hieght yet ,Although I intend to lower both front and back by same to keep head angle same but lower standover. will check tomorrow and get back with what I find, also you may need front measure from clamps to top of fork as this may have been changed
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying kiwi View Post
No Prob
Have 312r with no adjustment made to hieght yet ,Although I intend to lower both front and back by same to keep head angle same but lower standover. will check tomorrow and get back with what I find, also you may need front measure from clamps to top of fork as this may have been changed

I like your thinking kiwi,
I have just measured from the top of the triple clamp to the top of the fork (not adjuster) and have a distance of 7 mm. This was measured closest to the centre of bike (shortest height).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks Vector. This one has RG3 on it, so no E3 marking. Typical. PS have a new one on the floor so Chris the owner of this one is going in to take a measurement off it.

If only they had an easy official way to set it. Well, I guess the $680 tool is very easy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode