Australia and Engine Ice - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 08:17 AM

Engine Ice boiling point is 124 degree celsius or 256 fahrenheit. Wow you were quoted 2 hours to install the impeller!!!

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Established Member

Yep. That was about the point that I lost interest in the conversation with them.

MV Agusta 05 F4 1000
BMW 09 K1300S
Ducati 00 748R
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Established Member

I'm about to get a 312R and had the high output waterpump upgrade quoted here in Sydney. $440 including one hour labour.
The parts were $277 for the cover, $46 for the impeller and $7 for the O ring.
The parts are not in stock but can be ordered.
As for the Engine Ice shortage the dealer (Motorino Darlinghurst or Homebush) said they were expecting new stock by the end of October.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 07:41 PM

Guys there is something a bit better than engine ice IMHO its called NPG from Evans Cooling systems.

http://www.evanscooling.com/main27.htm
http://www.evanscooling.com/html/npgPls.htm

Boiling point of over 350 F and has no water in it.

My cousin uses this in his race cars, and told me to look into it, and it does work wonders.

I believe she is the Devil in a candy wrapper.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Baldwin View Post
Stiv,

I remember seeing the third fan mod on your bike. I'm starting to lean towards the third fan idea as I only have a problem when I'm sitting at a red light and I don't see the new water pump and impeller improving this in 30 to 40'C days.
Can you send me the details of what you did again or lead me to your thread on the site where you had the instructions and photos please?
I found a guy at work who builds hot rods who also happens to be an auto electrician......I'm not confident doing something like this on my baby and I'm not that mechanically minded. Yes I know, 'shame on me'.
Also, would it be of any use putting the bike on a dyno tuner or putting a power commander in it?
I hope you can help,

Ian
Hey Ian
If you have an older model f4 you may find the impellor mod and muzzy fans will be enough to hold the heat at bay.
In my case (1078), those mods helped but didn't stop the temp from continuing to climb on hot days stuck at lights. That's why i put the 3rd fan in. It's pretty clear that the more horses, the more heat.

Different coolants may help the bike run a few degrees cooler at speed but they are not going to have a dramatic effect on heat soak or a system under stress when stationary.

Every little bit helps though. Before..... my temperature range was 87-117c+. My bike now runs in a narrow temperature band of 87-102c under all conditions.

This happens because of the mods i have done not because of the coolant i use. Motul coolant works fine.

Stiv
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 12:34 AM
MRT

I too have been told by a dealer that engine ice isn't that good, but all the people on this forum can't be wrong. The workshop that are doing my bike now said they have seen good things with a nulon product, so I told em to put it in and see how it goes. I also wanted the H.O. water pump fitted while the coolant is out but there was nil stock locally. See how we go, I may fit it later.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 01:51 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRT View Post
I too have been told by a dealer that engine ice isn't that good, but all the people on this forum can't be wrong. The workshop that are doing my bike now said they have seen good things with a nulon product, so I told em to put it in and see how it goes. I also wanted the H.O. water pump fitted while the coolant is out but there was nil stock locally. See how we go, I may fit it later.
Hmm we are both in Queensland. Whats a bet it was the same dealer. If you decide to get the impeller let me know. The instalation if really quite easy and I definitely wouldn't pay someone to do it.

MV Agusta 05 F4 1000
BMW 09 K1300S
Ducati 00 748R
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 05:19 AM
MRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyF4 View Post
Hmm we are both in Queensland. Whats a bet it was the same dealer. If you decide to get the impeller let me know. The instalation if really quite easy and I definitely wouldn't pay someone to do it.
I am going to wait and see how my bike goes when i get it back and if required i will fit the new water pump. It looks simple, i was just hoping to get it fitted while they had the coolant out so i didn't have to drop the coolant. Is your dealer one of the Brissy shops or a little further north?
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 05:37 AM
Established Member

LOL yep a little further north.

MV Agusta 05 F4 1000
BMW 09 K1300S
Ducati 00 748R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode