Any Australian riders working on the heat problem? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 02:41 AM Thread Starter

Any Australian riders working on the heat problem?

I finally got my F41000R in April and love it!
Yes there are few bits that could be better, eg throttle and weight but the big problem is over heating. If it's moving fine, stop at a set of lights on a cool day and the temp shots up over 100! Solution so far is don't stop for red lights!
Any Oz riders have a solution? I've been thinking of a new coolant out called Liquid Ice? Not sure where to get it yet or maybe buying the new water pump and impeller kit from MV.
Any thoughts?

Ian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 02:57 AM

i've heard that the liquid ice you mentioned works ok, i wouldn't worry about the temp untill it starts getting up around 110 - 112, the thermo fan should be working by then any way
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 03:38 AM

Hi Ian,
I received my F4 in April as well and noticed temps of up to 105-107 when stopped at lights. It also didn't like the coolant that it came with and spat most of it out the overflow. However I replaced it will Silkolene coolant which immediately let it run 3-4 degrees cooler.
Its obviously been much cooler riding temps over winter and this has also seen my MV running in the 88-94 whilst moving and sometimes just breaks 100 when at the lights.
I am told be nearly everyone that removing the Catalytic converter out of your exhaust will also help it run a touch cooler, which is my next step with a full exhaust upgrade.
Apart from that I'm waiting till the warmer weather comes back in a few months to see if the bike struggles to keep within operating temps. If it cant, then it will most likely have to be a new water impeller/pump upgrade, or as some people have mentioned, additional fans or fan upgrades.

I hope that helps a little....

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 04:54 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info.
I have been told it runs cooler when it is fully run in also.
The highest I saw was 14'C and the numbers started flashing....I got moving again as soon as this happened and it dropped to the high 90's.
Oh those Italians do like to keep us on our feet!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 04:54 AM Thread Starter

Sorry that was 114'C............
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 05:02 AM
Established Member

Send a message via MSN to Mr. F4
I plan on getting the moto corse water pump upgrade on my 1000S before the next aussie summer sets in! also liquid ice is meant to help considerably but i have been unable to find a local supplier in Tas or somewhere online so far

1989 Suzuki GSX-R250R
2007 Aprilia RS125
2004 MV Agusta F41000S 1+1
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 05:16 AM
Established Member

http://www.engineice.cc/distribution.html

GAS Imports Australia Pty. Ltd.
+61 3 9338 1664
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 06:52 AM

Im using engine ice now on the F4. But it's winter in Aust. So i will wait untill summer to see how it really works.
I got the product in elizaberth st (yamaha dealership) in melb.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 08:28 AM

I'm in brisbane, in summer I have to turn the bike off every time I stop. Flashing temperature gauge at every light, or in heavey traffic. Even now (winter if you can call it that) it over heats. Check the forum for lee's post on what he did to fix the problem. I have purchased 2 1098 fans. Still haven't fitted them, I am runing the engine ice, makes a small difference.

Once you moving along it isn't a problem, it's just getting out there!!
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Established Member

Removing the Cat doesn't do much either. I have a decat link pipe and Riding House open cans. Still overheats up here in Queensland. Generally gets up to about 106 at lights. Not too much of a concern. The thing I don't like is the coolant coming out the overflow when you stop. Not sure whats going on there. I know its not really a lot and the level looks OK in the resevoir but its still unsettling just the same.
My plan is to get one of the aftermarket impellors, flush the system and run Engine Ice.

MV Agusta 05 F4 1000
BMW 09 K1300S
Ducati 00 748R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode