Shonky Kickstand - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Send a message via MSN to Mr. F4
Thumbs down Shonky Kickstand

Hi all, Just wondering if my shonky kickstand on my 04' F41000S is a common problem or if its just mine? Just seems to me like my bike is leaning over too far while resting on the stand and also the auto-return system seems like it has more hassles than what its worth. Is their an after market stand or a OEM stand off a later model which would be better suited for my bike? And has anyone fitted a kickstand eliminator switch in order to be able to have the engine running while it rest on the stand?

1989 Suzuki GSX-R250R
2007 Aprilia RS125
2004 MV Agusta F41000S 1+1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 02:53 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Have you looked to make sure all the bolts were tight?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 03:10 AM

Second that. I noticed my bike looked leaned over a tiny bit too far one night. The next morning it was laying on the ground. Two of the bolts had rattled out, and the third sheared off.
Blue loc-tite on those bolts for sure!
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 04:57 AM

My Kickstand feels & looks the same!! I always get the sensation of it leaning over a little too much & compared to the Ducati 1098S it leans significantly more.
I have checked the bolt and its all the way in and tight. So I too would be interested to know if anyone has fitted an after market stand (perhaps even in Titanium?) and if they achieved a better result.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 05:41 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Unfortunately, there are no after market stands available for the MV range as far as I know, but I bought the CC stand and that made a slight improvement on the lean angle ..

Has anyone ever tried installing a Ducati 996 or 998 stand ???.. They look very similar and both MV & Ducati models were designed by the same genius.
Attached Images

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 07:01 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
I'll throw a "spanner in the works" as my English friends say.

Where is your rear ride height? It is pretty tall on the 1000 anyway and if you raise it at all, or raise the ride height of the bike in general, the lean angle on the stand will be greater.

If you park your 1000 next to a 750, you will notice the lean angle is greater.

I discovered this by re setting the suspension on my Ducati. I have raised the height of the bike, just a little but it made a huge difference in lean angle.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. F4 View Post
Hi all, Just wondering if my shonky kickstand on my 04' F41000S is a common problem or if its just mine? Just seems to me like my bike is leaning over too far while resting on the stand and also the auto-return system seems like it has more hassles than what its worth. Is their an after market stand or a OEM stand off a later model which would be better suited for my bike? And has anyone fitted a kickstand eliminator switch in order to be able to have the engine running while it rest on the stand?
Same here, however i like the position of the bike that way (seems to be safe, never had problems).
Don't understand your last question: the switch turns off engine only when you put first gear on. Why would you need to put gear on with the sidestand open?

SUZUKI RG250 - YAMAHA RD 350 - YAMAHA RD 500 - SUZUKI RG 500 - SUZUKI GSXR 1100 - KAWASAKI ZXR 750 - DUCATI 851S - DUCATI 888 SP4 - MV AGUSTA F4 1000S
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 07:08 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
I'll throw a "spanner in the works" as my English friends say.

Where is your rear ride height? It is pretty tall on the 1000 anyway and if you raise it at all, or raise the ride height of the bike in general, the lean angle on the stand will be greater.

If you park your 1000 next to a 750, you will notice the lean angle is greater.

I discovered this by re setting the suspension on my Ducati. I have raised the height of the bike, just a little but it made a huge difference in lean angle.
+1..

Correct A Mongo..

Well stated CAG..

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Send a message via MSN to Mr. F4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikiRix View Post
Same here, however i like the position of the bike that way (seems to be safe, never had problems).
Don't understand your last question: the switch turns off engine only when you put first gear on. Why would you need to put gear on with the sidestand open?
so for example i can leave the bike running in neutral, put the stand down and get off to open my garage without having to shut the engine down for the 20 seconds it takes me to do so etc. Also on very cold mornings i could warm the bike up some while i put my gear on as i only have a short ride to work and it doesn't reach full operating temp during this ride in winter

1989 Suzuki GSX-R250R
2007 Aprilia RS125
2004 MV Agusta F41000S 1+1
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. F4 View Post
so for example i can leave the bike running in neutral, put the stand down and get off to open my garage without having to shut the engine down for the 20 seconds it takes me to do so etc. Also on very cold mornings i could warm the bike up some while i put my gear on as i only have a short ride to work and it doesn't reach full operating temp during this ride in winter
Of course. My bike (i think all ones) stay normally running in neutral with the sidestand down without turning off. I think that if yours turns off u might have something wrong.

SUZUKI RG250 - YAMAHA RD 350 - YAMAHA RD 500 - SUZUKI RG 500 - SUZUKI GSXR 1100 - KAWASAKI ZXR 750 - DUCATI 851S - DUCATI 888 SP4 - MV AGUSTA F4 1000S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode