Another Rear Hub thread and a HUGE THANKS TO CAG! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Another Rear Hub thread and a HUGE THANKS TO CAG!

Was riding the F4 1000S a couple of weeks ago and noticed a little movement in the rear end. Not bad just felt like maybe a blister on the tyre. I checked the tyre at the end of the ride and all looked OK. Went for another ride the next day and it was still there. Only on the straight stuff. As soon as I got into the twisties everything felt fine. After about 50Klm of twisties we slowed to go through a town and the bike was all over the shop. Pulled up to find alluminium shavings all over the back wheel and noticed the disk rubbing against the calliper carrier.
Needless to say I was less than happy and feared the worst straight away. My fears were correct. The wheel side bearing in the hub is gone altogether. I spoke to the local MV Dealer and was quoted $1400 Aust just for a hub. OUCH! Specially when I knew I was up for a Disk and Calliper carrier as well plus who knew what else once I got it apart.
I came home and emailed CAG with my problem and he quickly replied with all the parts I knew I needed and everything else I might need including and Axel and Brake Calliper for about half the price of a new hub alone including postage to me in Australia. I payed him at the end of last week and he must have been out the door and off to the postoffice straight away because it all showed up yesterday and the bike is all fixed and back on the road now.
Once again thanks mate. The MV community would have a lot of much poorer members without you.
My bike has only done 15,000 Klm. I don't know the service history as I have only owned the bike for about 1000k but I am fairly sure the hub wasn't serviced at the 12,000 mark as the grease looked a lot older that 3000klm.
As has been said many times before in here make sure those hubs are serviced regularly and if you buy an MV second hand make it a priority to stip it down and make sure all is OK because as has also been said before they go very quickly when the go.
Once again thanks CAG for getting me out of trouble and back on the road so fast.

Some pics of the damage.

MV Agusta 05 F4 1000
BMW 09 K1300S
Ducati 00 748R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 06:18 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Excellent. I love it when a plan comes together.

Thank you for your business and kind words.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 06:44 AM

Hmm mine has gone 16000 km now, and havent had the hub serviced at 12000 Hope it holdes togheter until the 16000km service
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 08:36 AM
Carl helped me out with exactly the same problem last year. Nice one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 06:59 PM

Hey Andy, glad to hear the bike's back on the road again. Must try and meet up for another ride, this time no going home early. I'm off the check my hub.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 09:02 PM

Man I am glad to hear that you were conscious enough when riding to notice the weird sensation from your rear wheel. And also another feather in the cap for CAG I suppose

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 09:17 PM

If you guys think Carl is a good guy let me tell you what the guy did for me!!!

I purchased a 2006 999R off of ebay and asked if he would drive up to Ansonia, CT to check it out and confirm it was okay. He then proceeded to actually do it within 1 hour.

Talk about service. By the way Carl I am sending you this special item for your kind and thoughtful gesture for me...

Your way okay in my book!

Thanks,

2002 MV F4 1+1 Sold
2002 MV F4 S Sold
2004 MV SPR Sold (CAG)
2008 1098S Sold
2006 999R Sold
2011 MTS 1200S Touring
2001 748R #0682
1998 916 SPS #0278

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| |___
|--DUCATI CORSE-----| ||'|";,__.
|_..._...____________| ||_|_|...,]
"(@)'(@)""""*|(@)(@)******(@)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 06:07 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Nice!

Eat your hearts out Bling Kings!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 03:03 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfatty View Post
Hey Andy, glad to hear the bike's back on the road again. Must try and meet up for another ride, this time no going home early. I'm off the check my hub.
Thanks Simon. Would love to get out again. Next time down your side of town hey. Will have to talk to the minister for War and Finance about a leave pass.

MV Agusta 05 F4 1000
BMW 09 K1300S
Ducati 00 748R
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyF4 View Post
Thanks Simon. Would love to get out again. Next time down your side of town hey. Will have to talk to the minister for War and Finance about a leave pass.
No probs mate. I'll text you when we're all meeting up again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode