Stupid mistakes can really screw up a ride. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to lowcel
Angry Stupid mistakes can really screw up a ride.

I just spent two hours on the side of the interstate trying to find the freaking fuse block on the MV. Two other guys on crotch rockets stopped to help and they couldn't find it either. I never did find it, had to have my wife bring her car and my neighbor came with her in his car to pick me up. I didn't want to leave the motorcycle beside the road by it's self for some reason.

I went home to get my truck and the trailer and went to pick it up. When I got back with the trailer a cop pulled up and left his lights on to protect us a little. He even helped push the bike up onto the trailer. What was weird was that he never did ask me for any proof of ownership.

I got home and grabbed the owners manual. Two minutes later I found the fuse block and the burnt fuse. The bike started right up and ran perfect until I plugged the license plate light back in, the fuse imediately popped. At least I figured out the problem, tomorrow I'll figure out what is causing it.

Unfortunately I can only blame myself for the problem. I installed a fender eliminator, integrated tail lights / turn signals, and a new license plate light this evening. Apparently my soldering job or the electrical tape I wrapped it with didn't work out just right. In my defense everything did work perfect when I left the house.

Regardless, the biggest lesson I learned is to spend a little time going over the owner's manual after purchasing a new bike. I can't say much about blowing the fuse, mistakes happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 10:51 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
It's okay! Can happen to anyone. Glad you made it back okay -- seemed lots of people over there are willing to give a hand which is nice to hear
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Established Member

Sounds familiar. That's exactly what happened to me too!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 03:21 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcel View Post
I the electrical tape I wrapped it with didn't work out just right. .
Make heat shrink tubing your friend.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 06:12 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Experience is the best teacher.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 08:50 AM

Fuses......
Some time ago i got the temperature till 140 and the water throwing out from radiator because the fan fuse was burnt. Had to stop, wait temperature to cool down, far away from home, worried about possible damages to the engine because of a fuse......

SUZUKI RG250 - YAMAHA RD 350 - YAMAHA RD 500 - SUZUKI RG 500 - SUZUKI GSXR 1100 - KAWASAKI ZXR 750 - DUCATI 851S - DUCATI 888 SP4 - MV AGUSTA F4 1000S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode