Galassetti Exhausts - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Galassetti Exhausts

HERE.

I've decided to scrap the idea of a F4 1000R... I can't justify it when the regular ol' F4 1000 S pumps 155hp, and solid gains could be had with letting the engine breathe.

So, does anyone know anything about them? I like the system for the 1000, but the website offers no information that I can work with. Anyone had experiences, heard anything, had a look at the build quality? Most importantly, do they do a full system?? I'm shooting for at least 165hp here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 09:03 AM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
If you are shooting for 165 i will tell you exactly how to get there. Sil Motor exhaust, stainless midpipe(removing the cat) BMC air filter and a powercommander. i am at 165 with a custom map on the PC. if you want the map let me know and i will send it your way. Those italian pipes look just like the Sil ones, could be the same thing just with their distributing name on them like FBF does.

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 09:16 AM

As far as we know they are Sil Motor exhausts just re-badged! If you want further details let us know, we have been in touch with this company in the past.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneggs&ham
If you are shooting for 165 i will tell you exactly how to get there. Sil Motor exhaust, stainless midpipe(removing the cat) BMC air filter and a powercommander. i am at 165 with a custom map on the PC. if you want the map let me know and i will send it your way. Those italian pipes look just like the Sil ones, could be the same thing just with their distributing name on them like FBF does.
Actually it was when I was reading through a previous post of yours I came to the conclusion that 165hp would be easy, especially given the gains you had out of each mod. Did you graph the before/after gains and AFR's when you had the map tuned greeneggs&ham??

Galassetti responded to an email I sent with:
Quote:
solo silenziatori euro acciaio 750 titanio 950.00 carbonio 850.00
Of course Google translator saved me here - Titanium 950euro and it looks like mid pipe is part of the kit... I assume by looking at a few pictures of Sil Moto systems this is the same?

Thanks for the info.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMoto UK
As far as we know they are Sil Motor exhausts just re-badged! If you want further details let us know, we have been in touch with this company in the past.
Would love to know more eMoto! Any info is appreciated as my Italian starts and finishes with ciau and it seems their English is about the same!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneggs&ham
where did u get the sil motor exhaust? are thes the FBF pipes i spoke of recently?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 08:25 AM

E-moto, besides the weight reduction what is the main difference with the stainless steel mid-pipe and the titanium with the EEPROM? Does the stanless steel come with an EEPROM?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 06:18 AM

Hi guys,

We have emailed them, hopefully we should have a reply soon.

Re: the link pipe, the main difference is the weight saving over the s/steel item, however we have also noticed that the titanium pipe has a slightly bigger bore. The stainless steel pipe is not supplied with and EPROM, however from customers feedback we have found that the F4 runs well with the stainless steel pipe and no EPROM, installing a power commander and setup will ensure your bike runs perfect.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMoto UK
Hi guys,

We have emailed them, hopefully we should have a reply soon.

Re: the link pipe, the main difference is the weight saving over the s/steel item, however we have also noticed that the titanium pipe has a slightly bigger bore. The stainless steel pipe is not supplied with and EPROM, however from customers feedback we have found that the F4 runs well with the stainless steel pipe and no EPROM, installing a power commander and setup will ensure your bike runs perfect.
ok...so i will order the tit mid....now with the EEPROM...do i need a PC? Can i just install the mid and install the EEPROM and be done?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 10:48 AM

you can, but PC just personalizes the fuel curve to the characteristics to YOUR bike. not a sweeping generalization.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode