What number SR do I have? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

What number SR do I have?

This is a wierd one guys but here goes...I am trying to determine what the serial numbers were on the F4SR series. Were they sequential? We all know that 300 were made and they were not imported into the US of A. We all know that they were supposed to be the Ago reps until Ago found out about the 1000cc's planned for the following year. We all know that the front fenders were color matched to the red on the body and that they guage pack was white faced and signed in red.

What I don't know is what number of the 300 that I have!?!?!? Just curious more than anything else.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 02:38 AM

New Site Garage
The evo 3 looked the same as the SR, red front fender, silver wheels.

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 03:47 AM

I thought the SR just used the SPR engines and looked identical to the Evo 3 except for the Ago tacho face ?
Doesn't have SR on it anywhere does it ? Dial face maybe ?
Does it have the SPR blue rear spring ?

It was the runout 750 before they launched the 1000, with an SPR engine at the price of a normal Evo 3. Good value at the time.

I didn't realize it had a limited run of 300 only as it has no plaque like the other official limited runs.

VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb88xx View Post
The evo 3 looked the same as the SR, red front fender, silver wheels.
but the tacho background was white with Ago's signature on it, and the letters "SR" were on ther top of the triple clamp from memory.....

cheers
Doc

DocMV

- MV Agusta Brutale RR1090
- Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
- Ducati Monster 659

The only thing better than a fast Italian motorcycle is several fast italian motorcycles.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Exactly Right

Yes, white faced guages signed by Ago and a plaque at the triple tree that says SR, but no 1/300 or whichever one it is. I'll have to check the suspension color...don't recall but blue spring does sound right.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
If it has a unique model code creating the VIN (most bikes do) then the last part of the VIN (the production sequence number) may give you the answer.

For instance, all the F4CCs I looked at (just a few) the last numbers of the VIN matched the production number (66 of 100, etc).

I don't know if this is true for all the special productions. Maybe some owners could verify with their Agos or SPRs or Tambos

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 10:34 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
If it has a unique model code creating the VIN (most bikes do) then the last part of the VIN (the production sequence number) may give you the answer.

For instance, all the F4CCs I looked at (just a few) the last numbers of the VIN matched the production number (66 of 100, etc).

I don't know if this is true for all the special productions. Maybe some owners could verify with their Agos or SPRs or Tambos

The last 3 of the VIN on my Senna is not even close, in fact its over 300.

SENNA #243-SOLD
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Well....blows that theory. Maybe because the base model is standard F4 and same as all the F4 1000, where the CC is a different engine?

Oh well, I tried.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I thought the same mate. The other thought I had was if they were sequentially produced, and we knew the first and last numbers, then we could tell which number each SR is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode