Bar risers - again? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Question Bar risers - again?

I know in the past there has been discussion of this, but I have a specific question I'd like some feedback on if you have used bar risers....

I have an F4 SR 750, and have had it for over 2 years. After about 4 hours riding I find that I have wrist problems (old farts like me do anyway!), but what's worse is I get a real knot/pain in my right shoulder blade.

For those who have bar risers, my question is, what effect do they really have on riding comfort? I'd like to get a slightly more upright riding position. The jamming of thumbs is not an issue - learnt how to deal with that in the first 10 mins of riding the MV!!

How do you find the comfort on longer rides with the risers (say over 3 hours and up to all day)? Given that they only change the bar position by a few centimetres, do they really improve comfort (enough to justify the money)? Do they change the steering/handling?

I'd really appreciate some feedback based on actual experience on this - trying to decide whether I should take the MV on the 1500 km round trip to Phillip Island in September for the MotoGP..... (and maybe a run up and down the Great Ocean Road after the races)

thanks guys

Doc

Last edited by DoctorMV; 07-30-2006 at 09:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 01:27 AM

Cant help with the question but maybe this is worth trying before you spend any money.

http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/2005/09/cl...o-cost-f4.html
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 02:22 AM

Doc,

I've got a spare set of FBF Bar Risers stashed away. If you want, I can lend them to you to try out and if you like them we might be able to work something out.

Troz
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 02:27 AM Thread Starter

Troz

Thanks for the offer - do the FBF risers work with the MV's stock brake and clutch lines?

BTW - are you going down to Phillip Island in Sept?

cheers

Doc
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 02:34 AM

They are a simple replacement for the standard clip-ons. The bike came with them fitted when I bought it.

I won't be heading to PI this year. Looks like I'll be heading over for a third tour with our guys in the Middle East at about that time.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 03:16 AM

The Ferracci ones are a good replacement, or the F4 1000 bars are pretty good, also www.performanceparts.de do a real nice set of muti position ones, I have these on mine, they are a race set so std they will not take the MV's weighted bar end, but its easily solved with 10 minutes work on a lathe, they also do some more std types as well, I have my bars set now so the throttle cables just touch the fairing top on full lock.
None of the above require any new cables or wires, oh, something like this also helps with the comfort factor, I made these to see what the max adjustment range of a set of Gilles rearsets was as I feel the std footrests are too far forward, I fitted them to my 750, then moved them over to my 1000, still haven't got around to buying a set!!
Attached Images

Last edited by mikef4uk; 07-31-2006 at 03:20 AM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk
I feel the std footrests are too far forward
Glad to read this I nearly started a thread on this as I was wondering if it was just me.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 06:43 AM

Definitely not just you. I was just thinking this myself while I was waiting at a set of lights the other day....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode