1st 100 miles clocked some questions and answers please - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and

1st 100 miles clocked some questions and answers please

hi all
really enjoying this mv forum spent ages going thro threads gettiing ideas and tips

ok i've done 100 miles now and the bike makes me grin something bad
can't stop looking in the shop windows when going thro villages lookin good i think
then i get my aching wrists especially the throttle one
i've done the spring mod already but just moved it down to the ridge below instead of disconnecting it completely i don't fancy it rattling around in case it jams or am i being over caucious

i cut the wire mesh to go over the vents glued it with hot glue done all this easy
got back and the glues melted with the heat and dripped everywhere altho cleaning it off has been a pain
what glues do you reccommend to use
temp today was 22c
could i use alridaite the one you mix with hardner would this be better

whats the best way to run an f1000 in
dealer said no more than 11k revs for the 1st 600miles i'm thinking thats not far of the rev limiter surely (whats the top revs) altho i haven't really had the time to read the manual
i'd prefer your guys opion i've had a couple of moments but not gone above 8k only breifely overtaking

is it possible to get replacemnet brake and gear lever ends slightly longer so i can use my feet better as i feel i have to tuck my foot at a funny angle to operate these, i've altered the heights so they sit right just could do with about 1/2 inch longer

i'm gonna get some pics done to put up laters but i'd like to get the mesh back on really
man i love this baby altho stock exhausts are a bit naff sounding i can't afford race pipes at the mo thats on my wish list

thanks in advance pips
and ride safe

jas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by postman_bat
whats the best way to run an f1000 in
dealer said no more than 11k revs for the 1st 600miles i'm thinking thats not far of the rev limiter surely (whats the top revs) altho i haven't really had the time to read the manual

jas
I broke mine in at the track!

2005 MV F4-1000S

Last edited by Turbo329; 07-30-2006 at 05:08 PM. Reason: want to add pics
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 10:00 AM

New Site Garage
I used silicon sealant (black) to hold in my mesh, its fine and can take the temperature no problem. Good luck with cleaning the glue off!!
The 750 has a redline of about 13.5k +/- a bit. 11K seems high. My kawasaki z1000 i had from new and was to its ok to rev to about 8k, but dont strain it too much, i.e dont labour up hills etc.

MV F4 750 EVO3 2003
MV Brutale 910s 2007
Honda VFR800 1998
Honda MBX 125 FE 1983
F4 Agusta mini moto replica
Chinese Quadbike made of peanut butter (crunchy).
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamranmarashi
Not to go against the stream here, but the practicality of hard breaking in on public streets is not exactly feasible for the entire duration of 1,200 miles, mile per mile.

For the streets, my half/half solution (for what ever it's worth) is to fluctuate the rpm constantly while staying under 6000 rpm up to 600 miles with occasional burst of rpm to 10,000 for a split seconds when safe. Then after 600 miles, for every additional 100 miles, I add 1,000 rpm to the limit. I.E. up to 7,000 rpm up to 700 miles; 8,000 rpm up to 800 miles, etc, etc.
That way you gradually work your way up to the limit. You'll find with the power under your legs, you'll struggle to get up to the kind of rpm for breaking in, unless you are breaking it in on the track and/or on a dyno for the entire milage. I believe your bike is capable of doing 100 mph in first gear, thus the more reason to play it safe on public roads.
It's pretty hard to damage these bikes, just don't labor the engine at low rpm...and don't try to kill yourself for a "proper" break in!
I like this approach.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode